TLINK Fixup Overflow Errors
Author Message
 TLINK Fixup Overflow Errors

        I've become a little unglued now I've started trying to use
independant .OBJ files which are linked together at code compilation. All the
.OBJ files are .ASM and are compiled with TASM 3.2. The errors occur when I
try to link the code together with TLINK. TLINK throws back the following errors

Turbo Link  Version 3.0 Copyright (c) 1987, 1990 Borland International
Error: Fixup overflow in module GTRI2.ASM at _TEXT:02CA, target = BASECOLOUR
Error: Fixup overflow in module GTRI2.ASM at _TEXT:0363, target = I1
Error: Fixup overflow in module GTRI2.ASM at _TEXT:03AF, target = I2
Error: Fixup overflow in module GTRI2.ASM at _TEXT:03D8, target = BASECOLOUR

        What I am doing is to link 2 modules: GTRI2 AND GTRI. GTRI contains
the code which is being called in GTRI2. In both files, my assembly code
follows this structure:

        .model  small
        .stack  100h
        .data

        .code
        .386

Main:

        mov     ds,ax

        end     Main

        In the modules all the memory accesses are done thru DS. In the case
of GTRI the following line is added....

        global  Gouraud,i0,i1,BaseColour

        In GTRI2 the file where the code is being called....

        extrn   Gouraud:PROC,i1:DWORD,i2:DWORD,BaseColour:BYTE

        In GTRI the global variables are all in its Data Segment.

        Where am I going wrong??? How can I avoid the TLINK FixUP errors??? I
really need to know.

        Thanks in advance,

        Chris

Mon, 02 Jun 1997 20:11:04 GMT
 TLINK Fixup Overflow Errors
Seems it is required to put EXTRN statements in proper segment, i.e.
if the item is in other module data, the EXTRN must be in data segment.

Sun, 08 Jun 1997 18:00:23 GMT

1. "Fixup Overflow - TLINK.EXE

2. Fixup Overflow Error

3. Fixup Overflow Error L2002

4. HELP: Problem with fixups with TLINK

5. Fixup Overflow?

6. fixup overflow, what does it mean

7. fixup overflow ?

8. Fixup Overflow

9. Fixup Overflow?

10. Fixup overflow problem and question

11. Fixup errors

12. Fatal error LNK1190 invalid fixup found, type 0x0001