Z-80 Assembler for DOS/Windows
Author Message
 Z-80 Assembler for DOS/Windows

Table Assembler 3.01 is popular towards this end.  I'm not really sure where
you can get it any more, but check at www.ticalc.org

TASM is shareware.  If you can't find a copy anywhere else, I can mail the
zip to you.

-Justin Ronco

Quote:

> Can anyone point me to a freeware/shareware Z-80 assembler that runs
> under MS-DOS or Win3.1?  Preferably Zilog mnemonics?

> Thank you,

> --
> Jim Higgins, higginsj AT ftc-i DOT net
> icbm: 33.55.34N, 80.24.21W
> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~higginsj/index.html
> Please do not e-mail me in response to USENET postings.

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Z-80 Assembler for DOS/Windows

   >Can anyone point me to a freeware/shareware Z-80 assembler that
   >runs under MS-DOS or Win3.1?  Preferably Zilog mnemonics?

First of all, there is =no= Z80 cross-compiler for WinDoze 3.1,
so we can cross THAT possibility off the list...thank goodness! :)

While there are a number of shareware/freeware DOS-based Z80 cross-
compilers (a Lycos search should turn up half-a-dozen or more),
most of them tend to have some deficiencies.

Your best bet, IMHO, is to use a native Z80-based compiler, and
run it under CP/M emulation in DOS.  The HiTech C compiler -- a
former commercial product that has now been released as freeware
-- is probably the Cadillac of Z80 compilers.

But since you've posted this request in an ASM newsgroup, I'll
assume that you're looking for a Z80 assembly language compiler.

Consider Digital Research's RASM.  It's pretty good, and it is
now available as freeware under the GNU General License.  You
can snag it, as well as a CP/M emulator, from the "Unofficial
CP/M Web Site:"

   -> Main site:             http://www.devili.iki.fi/cpm
   -> Primary U.S. mirror:   http://www.mathcs.emory.edu/~cfs/cpm
   -> Secondary U.S. mirror: http://cpm.interfun.net

(The main site in Finland often experiences server problems, so
you're better off using one of the U.S. mirror sites.)

You can also find other "orphaned" commercial Z80 compilers at
the "CP/M Commercial Software Archive" web site:

   -> http://deltasoft.fife.wa.us/cpm

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Z-80 Assembler for DOS/Windows

Quote:

>Can anyone point me to a freeware/shareware Z-80 assembler that runs
>under MS-DOS or Win3.1?  Preferably Zilog mnemonics?

http://www.micosyen.com/asm/xz80.com

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Z-80 Assembler for DOS/Windows

in alt.lang.asm:

Quote:

> Can anyone point me to a freeware/shareware Z-80 assembler that runs
> under MS-DOS or Win3.1?  Preferably Zilog mnemonics?

> Thank you,

An excellent source for Z80 information and programs is Tom Sherrer's
Z80 page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/3938/z80_home.htm.

Jack Klein
--
Home: http://home.att.net/~jackklein

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ST-80/OS/2 vs. ST-80/Windows

2. Looking for Parcplace Smalltalk-80 (MS-Windows/MVC-Windows) Vendors

3. Looking for Parcplace Smalltalk-80 (MS-Windows/MVC-Windows) Vendors

4. GUIDE-80 Assembler Session

5. GUIDE-80 Assembler Session.

6. Z 80 Assembler

7. PD Z-80 assembler for U*x anybody?

8. TRS-80 CamelFORTH v1.3 -- enhanced for TRSDOS/LS-DOS v6

9. DOS Text MODE >80 char

10. Smalltalk 80 for MS-DOS?

11. Turbo Modula-2 for Z-80 CP/M-80

12. CHARACTER*1 A(80) and CHARACTER*80 A?