DPMI 1.0 Host Available for Testing
Author Message
 DPMI 1.0 Host Available for Testing

I would like your help in testing a new DPMI 1.0 host.  It is based upon
the code from Qualitas MAX (a.k.a. 386MAX).

This program has the following features:

* Supports DPMI 1.0 (superset of DPMI 0.9)
* Starts from either Real Mode or Virtual Mode (using VCPI)
* Low DOS memory resident size is about 15KB
* Extended memory resident size is about 300KB plus Page Tables
* Loads from command line or as device driver
* Supports both 16-bit and 32-bit DPMI clients
* Supports nested DPMI clients
* Supports uncommitted memory (a very handy DPMI 1.0 feature)
* Full DOS (INT 21h) & Mouse (INT 33h) translation services
* Swapfile support
* Compatible with 386SWAT for debugging DPMI clients

I would appreciate your comments on the following points:

* Performance?
* Compatibility problems?
* Any other known DPMI 1.0 hosts?

A more detailed description of the program and a download link may be
found at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Followups are directed to comp.os.msdos.programmer.

To reply to me directly, delete "despam".

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 09:19:57 GMT

1. DPMI 1.0 Host Available for Testing

2. DPMI 1.0 Host for Borland ?

3. dpmi host

4. DOS DPMI-HOST

5. DPMI 1.0 spec

6. ANNOUNCE: Eclipse 1.0 host/network monitor

7. Indexes and available DPMI memory.

8. DPMI testing utility

9. DPMI testing utility

10. ANNOUNCE: mkWidgets 1.3, mkHttpd 1.0, mkTulip 1.0, mkZiplib 1.0, mkGeneric 1.3

11. POSIX/Ada binding package specifications available on AJPO host

12. SAMeDL compilers available on AJPO host