shouldn't STOP?
Author Message
 shouldn't STOP?

Hi
   I have a protected mode program with paging. When i jump to a new
task through a task selector , it is ok and the task will keep running
if i set the IF bit to zero.
   But if i set it to one, the computer stopped when jump to a new
task.
   I really don't know why the computer will stop, if it generate an
exception, the computer should restart immediately because i don't
have any exception handler.
   Would you like to tell me what suituation will make the computer
stop?

thanks

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:05:30 GMT
 shouldn't STOP?

Quote:

> Hi
>    I have a protected mode program with paging. When i jump to a new
> task through a task selector , it is ok and the task will keep running
> if i set the IF bit to zero.
>    But if i set it to one, the computer stopped when jump to a new
> task.
>    I really don't know why the computer will stop, if it generate an
> exception, the computer should restart immediately because i don't
> have any exception handler.
>    Would you like to tell me what suituation will make the computer
> stop?

> thanks

If you not having any exception-handler in use (ie all IRET),
any non stack 'fault' (opposite to 'trap') will loop until reset.
Only a stack-fault may resume in a self-resetting double-fault.
--

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 04:04:59 GMT

1. STOP doesn't stop this procedure [TECHNICAL]

2. Shouldn't there be an Exit Block Statement in Smalltalk

3. Help! Deleted files I shouldn't have

4. Shouldn't I do so? [copyright law]

5. Shouldn't this be constant space?

6. Mistery: JGE taken while it shouldn't have been

7. Mystery: JGE taken but it shouldn't have happened

8. instead of C++ shouldn't ms have used masm for win95

9. g77 -fno-automatic changes output but shouldn't

10. Why exceptions shouldn't be used for flow control [Re: YAS to the

11. Shouldn't Tkinter pack() return self?

12. Shouldn't (- - p) = (p) in sicstus prolog?