message flow in win32
Author Message
 message flow in win32

I ask it here because Iczelion board is buzy trying
to move to another sever now and i need to have the
answer as quick as possible:

in win32, i set a main window. On this window, i set
a tab control (as child of main window). on this tab
i set a check button (as child of Tab).

Problem: when user click on check buton, my 'callback'
doesn't receives neither WM_COMMAND nor WM_NOTIFY
message (only WM_NOTIFY from Tabs item choice itself).

I do not fully understand the message flow basic rules:
does message reach 'grand-mother' or not? directely from
'grand-daughter' or through 'mother'? Is there something
special to do for the message flow jumps from one
'generation' to previous one, when invocating
api 'CreateWindowA'?

I am really lost because i can't test messages values
with Tab is on screen: printing a value on screen at
that time, produces app. hang. (must be something
else wrong in my Callback...).

Any help?

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Monitoring network flow in Win32?

2. status report on message flow

3. Win32 message passing

4. regina rexx for win32 - event logging / message DLL question

5. Win32 - intercepting the WM_COMMAND message using a hook

6. python win32 extensions: catching messages sent by win32api.PostThreadMessage

7. Hooking Win32 Window Message Loop

8. elj-win32 0.4 Release: The GNU Eiffel win32 Distribution

9. elj-win32: A FREE/NO-RISK win32 SmallEiffel Distribution

10. Calling Win32 API functions with Gnat 3.09 (Win32 version)

11. Win32 extensions using the .NET SDK and the Win32 Platform SDK

12. Win32 Debug vs Win32 Release when Fortran files are included (+IMSL)