another question .. :)
Author Message
 another question .. :)

You cannot call interrupts while programming under Windows environement.

..-=ViKtOR=-..

Quote:

> I've got one more.. every time I try to call a dos interrupt from inline
> assembly in Visual C++ 6.0 I get an access violation.. are dos interrupts
> not available from c/c++ code?

> Thanks,
> Keith

> ps. here's an example:

> void main()
> {
>     _asm    {
>         mov dl,65
>         mov ah,2
>         int 21h        ; access violation here
>     }
> }

Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 another question .. :)
I've got one more.. every time I try to call a dos interrupt from inline
assembly in visual c++ 6.0 I get an access violation.. are dos interrupts
not available from c/c++ code?

Thanks,
Keith

ps. here's an example:

void main()
{
    _asm    {
        mov dl,65
        mov ah,2
        int 21h        ; access violation here
    }

Quote:
}

Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 another question .. :)
On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 01:18:21 GMT, "Abscess"

Quote:
> I've got one more.. every time I try to call a dos interrupt from inline
> assembly in visual c++ 6.0 I get an access violation.. are dos interrupts
> not available from c/c++ code?

> Thanks,
> Keith

> ps. here's an example:

> void main()
> {
>     _asm    {
>         mov dl,65
>         mov ah,2
>         int 21h        ; access violation here
>     }
> }

The only programs that any MSVC version higher than 1.52 makes are
Win32 programs.  Even console programs which run in a text window and
look like MS-DOS applications are Win32 applications.

The Win32 operating systems do not allow ordinary applications to
generate interrupts.

Jack Klein
--
Home: http://home.att.net/~jackklein

Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 another question .. :)

   >I've got one more.. every time I try to call a dos interrupt from
   >inline assembly in visual c++ 6.0 I get an access violation.. are
   >dos interrupts not available from c/c++ code?
   >Thanks,
   >Keith
   >ps. here's an example:
   >void main()
   >{
   >_asm    {
   >mov dl,65
   >mov ah,2
   >int 21h        ; access violation here
   >}
   >}

Are you running it under DOS, or [=shudder=] WIN-BLOWS?  WIN-DOZE
does not allow DOS services (Interrupt 21h) -- or interrupts, generally
-- to be used.  If you're running the program under 'DOZE, stop
doing that.  Hop out to the pseudo-"DOS prompt" (which puts you
into a virtual 86 machine) and run your program from there.

Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 another question .. :)
how will that help anything?!  a win32 program started from within a
DOS prompt is still a win32 program.

:    >I've got one more.. every time I try to call a dos interrupt from
:    >inline assembly in visual c++ 6.0 I get an access violation.. are
:    >dos interrupts not available from c/c++ code?

: Are you running it under DOS, or [=shudder=] WIN-BLOWS?  WIN-DOZE
: does not allow DOS services (Interrupt 21h) -- or interrupts, generally
: -- to be used.  If you're running the program under 'DOZE, stop
: doing that.  Hop out to the pseudo-"DOS prompt" (which puts you
: into a virtual 86 machine) and run your program from there.

Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 another question .. :)
Thanks.. that's what I wanted to know.

Keith

Quote:
> On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 01:18:21 GMT, "Abscess"

> > I've got one more.. every time I try to call a dos interrupt from inline
> > assembly in visual c++ 6.0 I get an access violation.. are dos
interrupts
> > not available from c/c++ code?

> > Thanks,
> > Keith

> > ps. here's an example:

> > void main()
> > {
> >     _asm    {
> >         mov dl,65
> >         mov ah,2
> >         int 21h        ; access violation here
> >     }
> > }

> The only programs that any MSVC version higher than 1.52 makes are
> Win32 programs.  Even console programs which run in a text window and
> look like MS-DOS applications are Win32 applications.

> The Win32 operating systems do not allow ordinary applications to
> generate interrupts.

> Jack Klein
> --
> Home: http://home.att.net/~jackklein

Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 another question .. :)
I dont know, but if nothing works, change 21h to 0x21.

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Questions-Questions-Questions-Answers-Answers

2. Question(Questions, questions...)

3. Newbie Question: Realbasic Question

4. Questions Questions

5. Questions and more questions...

6. Browse Question / Report question

7. ***Data buffering question. Long post, lots of questions

8. questions, questions!

9. Questions, questions!

10. MicroWorlds Pro "QUESTION Set Size" question

11. OS/2 REXX Question (Object REXX Question Inside)

12. Doc question and Mount question