Vga ( simple video stuff )
Author Message
 Vga ( simple video stuff )

Hello you guys ,

I'm googling for some vga tutorials or any material that could teach me some
simple stuff about vga ,
seems to me that is not that easy to find good stuff for a really beggining
guy that is using Ms-dos 16bits ........
Not even in The art of assembly i could find something bigger than 8 pages

Does any one have some good stuff to send me ?

Tks to all

Escobar

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 04:21:38 GMT
 Vga ( simple video stuff )

Quote:

> Hello you guys ,

> I'm googling for some vga tutorials or any material that could teach me some
> simple stuff about vga ,
> seems to me that is not that easy to find good stuff for a really beggining
> guy that is using Ms-dos 16bits ........
> Not even in The art of assembly i could find something bigger than 8 pages

> Does any one have some good stuff to send me ?

> Tks to all

This is one subject on which I spent some $20 about 10 years ago to
buy a good book covering the VGA and SVGA. Direct access to the video
memory going out of "style" with the newer Windows systems, you can
probably find such books at bargain prices. The whole subject is quite
complex and you need a good elaborate reference if you want to play
with this.

But the end result is most exhilarating when you see the speed
difference when compared to using either interupts or API functions,
even for displaying a page of text.

Raymond

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:24:31 GMT
 Vga ( simple video stuff )
Tks a lot ,

But there are no books here where I leave for sell .....
Assembly books are really hard to find , and vga & assembly together is
pratically impossible ........

So , if someone knows a link , or a free book on internet or even a tutorial
,  i would really apreciate .....

Tks to all of you .....
See ya ....

Escobar

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:46:05 GMT
 Vga ( simple video stuff )
hmm...maybe that book "graphics programming black book" mite come in handy
here...but im not sure...

--The Mosquito Scriptkiddiot.
"There are two sides to every story...and then there is what really happened."
;p

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:50:24 GMT
 Vga ( simple video stuff )
Tks dude , but like i said , there's no books arround here , do you know
something  else ?

Escobar

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:33:19 GMT
 Vga ( simple video stuff )
Hi Escobar,

One google revealed a pdf the book the Mosquito Scriptkiddiot referred to
try
http://www.byte.com/abrash/

Regards,

Mark de Wever

Quote:
> Tks dude , but like i said , there's no books arround here , do you know
> something  else ?

> Escobar

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:56:30 GMT

1. GForth: Can I access vga video memory directly?

2. S-video -> VGA

3. Programming VGA VIDEO CARD

4. EGA/VGA Direct Write to Video Ram Routines

5. EGA/VGA Direct Write to Video Ram Routines

6. bit of code help (BASIC Vga stuff)

7. Setting video resolution by using the VGA/SVGA registers

8. Programming Vga video card

9. Changing video mode with VGA regs...

10. VGA Video segment writing?

11. xmodes and ega/vga video card in general

12. Simple VGA(SVGA) controller on VHDL