OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog
Author Message
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

The Computer Programmer And The Frog

A guy was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him
and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent
over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me
back into a beautiful princess, I will tell everyone how smart and
brave you are and how you are my hero." The guy took the frog
out of his pocket, smiled at it, and returned it to his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me
back into a beautiful princess, I will be your loving companion for
an entire week."

The guy took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it, and
returned it to his pocket.

The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into
a princess, I'll stay with you for a year and do ANYTHING you
want." Again the guy took the frog out, smiled at it, and put it
back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm
a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a year and do
anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The guy said, "Look, I'm a computer programmer - I wouldn't
know what to do with a girlfriend, but a talking frog is cool."

P.S. I tried posting this to CLAX, but it never saw the light of
day. (CLAX is a very 'cold' place.)

--
Everyone has different tastes; and everyone tastes different.

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:19:07 GMT
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

Quote:

>P.S. I tried posting this to CLAX, but it never saw the light of
>day. (CLAX is a very 'cold' place.)

It's a moderated newsgroup, they usually don't care for off-topic posts.
Have you considered the rec.humor.* groups?

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:30:53 GMT
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

Quote:

> >P.S. I tried posting this to CLAX, but it never saw the light of
> >day. (CLAX is a very 'cold' place.)

> It's a moderated newsgroup, they usually don't care for off-topic posts.
> Have you considered the rec.humor.* groups?

Yes, good idea...and, also, I'm wondering...is there an
"alt.completely.humourless" for Bill to subscribe to? ;)

Beth :)

Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:21:21 GMT
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog
That's a pretty funny joke!  Well, I'd personally want a girl to date
casually, but hey, to each their own.
Quote:

> The Computer Programmer And The Frog

> A guy was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him
> and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent
> over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket.

> The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me
> back into a beautiful princess, I will tell everyone how smart and
> brave you are and how you are my hero." The guy took the frog
> out of his pocket, smiled at it, and returned it to his pocket.

> The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me
> back into a beautiful princess, I will be your loving companion for
> an entire week."

> The guy took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it, and
> returned it to his pocket.

> The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into
> a princess, I'll stay with you for a year and do ANYTHING you
> want." Again the guy took the frog out, smiled at it, and put it
> back into his pocket.

> Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm
> a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a year and do
> anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

> The guy said, "Look, I'm a computer programmer - I wouldn't
> know what to do with a girlfriend, but a talking frog is cool."

> P.S. I tried posting this to CLAX, but it never saw the light of
> day. (CLAX is a very 'cold' place.)

> --
> Everyone has different tastes; and everyone tastes different.

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:03:53 GMT
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

:That's a pretty funny joke!  Well, I'd personally want a girl to date
:casually, but hey, to each their own.

Yes, but to be on topic for an assembly language group, it would need to
more like the following:

Q. Why do assembly language programmers confuse Halloween with Christmas?

A. [I'll post the answer in a couple of days, if no one else posts it
first.]

-- Chuck Crayne

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 03:10:15 GMT
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

Quote:

> That's a pretty funny joke!  Well, I'd personally want a girl to date
> casually, but hey, to each their own.

C'mon, Al! There are 6,000,000,000 people on earth. Half of 'em are
women. How many talking frogs are you going to find?

On a somewhat more serious note, are your examples still available
on-line? Last time I looked, I couldn't find 'em (your old "ppilot" page
seems to have vanished. Not as rare as talking frogs, but examples in
Nasm syntax are kinda hard to find, too :)

Best,
Frank

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 04:23:08 GMT
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

Quote:

>:That's a pretty funny joke!  Well, I'd personally want a girl to date
>:casually, but hey, to each their own.

>Yes, but to be on topic for an assembly language group, it would need to
>more like the following:

>Q. Why do assembly language programmers confuse Halloween with Christmas?

>A. [I'll post the answer in a couple of days, if no one else posts it
>first.]

Isn't that the old oct 31 vs dec 25 bit ?

IE, 31(base 8) = 25(Base 10)

I think that one is about as old as I am.

--
Arargh (at enteract dot com)    http://www.arargh.com

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 05:08:50 GMT
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

   > > It's a moderated newsgroup, they usually don't care for off-topic
   > > posts.  Have you considered the rec.humor.* groups?
   >
   >Yes, good idea...and, also, I'm wondering...is there an
   >"alt.completely.humourless" for Bill to subscribe to? ;)
   >Beth :)

Now, now, Liz...don't be so {*filter*} Bill.  He's one of
the last of the hard-core computerniks (we're a dying
breed, Betsy)! :)

For years, he used DOS to access Internet (as I still do).
In fact, I was disillusioned when he ultimately switched
to <shudder> WinDoze awhile back.

Heck...Bill's even knowledgeable about CP/M.  He was
pottering with 'puters when you were still in nappies.
So a little respect, please! ;)

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 06:26:31 GMT
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

:Isn't that the old oct 31 vs dec 25 bit ?

Spoilsport :-)

-- Chuck Crayne

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 09:24:12 GMT
 OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

Quote:

>:Isn't that the old oct 31 vs dec 25 bit ?

>Spoilsport :-)

i still dont know the answer, can sum1 pls. tell me...

peace
The Mosquito ScriptKiddiot
Championing the Cause of Mosquitoes in Technology

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 11:40:49 GMT

said:

:i still dont know the answer, can sum1 pls. tell me...

Q. Why do assembly language programmers confuse Halloween with Christmas?

A. Because OCT 31 is equal to DEC 25

-- Chuck Crayne

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 12:28:13 GMT

 [ 26 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. OT: nerdy joke

2. OT Programmer's stress/burnout.

3. OT Programmer's stress/burnout.

4. Answer on 'lists.bttr.org unreachable?'

5. Answer to 'a question'

6. OT: (Humor/Humour) - Signs That You've Had Too Much Of The 90's:

7. 'Cutesie-Poo' Programmer's Tricks

8. C5.5 ABC getting 'My Computer'

9. Wanted : old computers from late 70's early 80's

10. Teacher training on computers 'poor'

11. Computer System 'HOLY WATER'