32bit ASM-Code under DOS
Author Message
 32bit ASM-Code under DOS

Hi NG,

i've an 386 handheld DOS PC.
I've implemented an algo which uses 32-bit (eax,ebx,...)
I have to implement this in an existing VB DOS Projekt.

Q1: Can i execute 32-bit code in DOS (with an 386)?
Q2: Does anyone knows an 32bit assembler/compiler which create VBDOS
compatible .obj-Files

Thanks in advance,
Klaus

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:56:11 GMT
 32bit ASM-Code under DOS

Quote:

>Hi NG,

>i've an 386 handheld DOS PC.
>I've implemented an algo which uses 32-bit (eax,ebx,...)
>I have to implement this in an existing VB DOS Projekt.

>Q1: Can i execute 32-bit code in DOS (with an 386)?

You can execute 32-bit instructions, but in 16-bit segments.
(This means you're still limited to 64K segments unless you're
using a DOS-extender, which doesn't sound likely on your handheld).

Quote:
>Q2: Does anyone knows an 32bit assembler/compiler which create VBDOS
>compatible .obj-Files

MASM or TASM should.
Randy Hyde

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:56:00 GMT
 32bit ASM-Code under DOS

Quote:
>Q1: Can i execute 32-bit code in DOS (with an 386)?

Do you want to execute 32bit code (=protected mode) or just using the
32bit registers in 16bit code? Both works on a 386.
16bit code with 32bit registers is not a problem at all, but 32bit
code would require the use of a DOS extender or your own
pmode-switching routine.

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 02:56:02 GMT
 32bit ASM-Code under DOS
Hi NG,

i got it by now!

Thanks anyway,
Klaus

Quote:
> Hi NG,

> i've an 386 handheld DOS PC.
> I've implemented an algo which uses 32-bit (eax,ebx,...)
> I have to implement this in an existing VB DOS Projekt.

> Q1: Can i execute 32-bit code in DOS (with an 386)?
> Q2: Does anyone knows an 32bit assembler/compiler which create VBDOS
> compatible .obj-Files

> Thanks in advance,
> Klaus

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:55:55 GMT

1. 32bit ASM-Code under DOS

2. Making std asm code into Turbo Asm code?

3. Running DOS Commands from ASM code

4. Convert DOS asm code to Linux

5. DOS Protected mode, asm and DOS extenders...

6. 32bit ASM

7. Help for C compiler and 32bit 386 asm instrucions

8. Borland C++ and 32bit registers in asm modules

9. 32bit ASM

10. FLI/FLC player in 32bit asm

11. 32bit Asm Tutorials for beginners

12. Windows 16bit C Calling 32Bit ASM