making %OUT work properly
Author Message
 making %OUT work properly

Hi All,

I'm using TASM and can't figure out how to make %OUT do what I want,
which is this:

     VersionMajor equ 5
     VersionMinor equ 2
                 .
                 .
                 .
     %OUT My test program.  Version <VersionMajor>.<VersionMinor>

Of course, what I want this to do is to output the following to the
console during compilation:

     My test program.  Version 5.2

Unfortunately, what I get is:

     My test program.  Version <VersionMajor>.<VersionMinor>

I have read and re-read the documentation, but I can't figure out how
to get this to work.

Thanks,

Paul
Regards,

Paul

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 making %OUT work properly

 >      VersionMajor equ 5
 >      VersionMinor equ 2
 >      %OUT My test program.  Version <VersionMajor>.<VersionMinor>

 > Of course, what I want this to do is to output the following to the
 > console during compilation:

 >      My test program.  Version 5.2

  Don't ask me to explain this, but you need a macro to achieve this:

ShowVal MACRO   m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, m6, m7, m8, m9
%out    &m1&m2&m3&m4&m5&m6&m7&m8&m9
        ENDM

VersionMajor    equ     5
VersionMinor    equ     2

ShowVal <Assembling program version >, %VersionMajor, <.>, %VersionMinor

  Gertjan.

--

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 making %OUT work properly

Quote:

> [...] what I want this to do is to output the following to the
> console during compilation:

>      My test program.  Version 5.2

Try This:

EchoVer MACRO  vHi, vLo
          IF1
            %OUT My test program.  Version &vHi.&vLo
          ENDIF
        ENDM

;...and then use:

vMajor  equ     5
vMinor  equ     2

EchoVer %vMajor, %vMinor

(The IF1 isn't strictly necessary, it just keeps the macro from repeating
if you assemble with multiple passes.)

---
Glen Blankenship                                Hudsucker Industries

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 making %OUT work properly

Quote:

>  Don't ask me to explain this, but you need a macro to achieve this:
>ShowVal MACRO   m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, m6, m7, m8, m9
>%out    &m1&m2&m3&m4&m5&m6&m7&m8&m9
>        ENDM
>VersionMajor    equ     5
>VersionMinor    equ     2
>ShowVal <Assembling program version >, %VersionMajor, <.>, %VersionMinor

Ok, I won't ask you to explain, but this works. :)

Thanks!!
Regards,

Paul

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. TechTips: Making working-at-home work

2. RB3dSpace Not Working Properly

3. C5a - Shrink Wrap not working properly

4. Build command still not working properly

5. GETSYS todecpos function not working properly

6. App compiled in 32bit does not work properly

7. CW2.0 - Convert Doesn't Work Properly on My TPS File

8. CW 2002-Standard Tutorial Not Working Properly (Repost)

9. CW 2002-Standard Tutorial Not Working Properly

10. Window menu does not work properly

11. Window menu doesn't work properly

12. ProgressBar not working properly in standard process template