Wanted - 68000 Assembler hackers to correspond with
Author Message
 Wanted - 68000 Assembler hackers to correspond with

I just started experimenting with my Atari 1040 ST's 68000 Assembler
and would be interested in corresponding with people into 68000.
It seems to be a much easier instruction set to work with than
the "other" standard. :-)   My Atari is ancient, but I have heard that
the 68000 upgrades over the past several years are upwards compatible.
I use a Mac at work and eventually want to program the toolbox in
Assembler, but the Atari seems easier to get your feet wet in 68000.

One question - anyone have any good books they would recommend on
68000 Assembly Programming?  I have Compute's Atari ST Machine Language
Programming Guide, by Simon Field and the ST Assembly Language Workshop
by Clayton Walnum.  Going to request Motorola 68000 Data book tommorow
from Motorola.  Any of Motorola's Chip or Data books recommended reading?
Thanks for any advice.

Used to use 6502 on old Atari 800, so this is a big advancement in
technology for me!  So, I look forward from hearing from you
68000'ers.

----- Michael Winters          Peace Corps   (202)606-3330

Sat, 22 Jun 1996 12:13:23 GMT
 Wanted - 68000 Assembler hackers to correspond with
Yeah, I'm a learning 68000 assembly at De Anza college.  I can't remember
the name of the course book off hand.  For the Macintosh, you can use
either MPW Assembler and Think C will also allow to do inline assembly.
Example:

main()
{
                int     number = 1;

                asm{
                                                 move.w number, d0              ;move number to d0
       addi.w #2, d0                                            ;add 2 to d0
                                        }

                printf("\n The number is: %d", number);

Quote:
}

In this example, you can mix C variables with assembler registers.

Also, my course book utilizes mainly the HP3000 assembler routines.  I have
libraries that mimic those routines so that anyone can follow the examples
in the book.  Respond back to me if you're interested.

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*       Disclaimer: opinions expressed are strictly my own and do not
   *
*             reflect in anyway the opinions or attitudes of Apple Computer
   *
*------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Quote:

> I just started experimenting with my Atari 1040 ST's 68000 Assembler
> and would be interested in corresponding with people into 68000.
> It seems to be a much easier instruction set to work with than
> the "other" standard. :-)   My Atari is ancient, but I have heard that
> the 68000 upgrades over the past several years are upwards compatible.
> I use a Mac at work and eventually want to program the toolbox in
> Assembler, but the Atari seems easier to get your feet wet in 68000.

> One question - anyone have any good books they would recommend on
> 68000 Assembly Programming?  I have Compute's Atari ST Machine Language
> Programming Guide, by Simon Field and the ST Assembly Language Workshop
> by Clayton Walnum.  Going to request Motorola 68000 Data book tommorow
> from Motorola.  Any of Motorola's Chip or Data books recommended reading?
> Thanks for any advice.

> Used to use 6502 on old Atari 800, so this is a big advancement in
> technology for me!  So, I look forward from hearing from you
> 68000'ers.

> ----- Michael Winters          Peace Corps   (202)606-3330

Tue, 25 Jun 1996 12:01:57 GMT

1. 68000 assembler help

2. ANN: Asm68k (68000 assembler for the PalmPilot)

3. 68000 Assembler source code?

4. F83 68000 Assembler Source ?

5. 68000/486 cross assembler

6. 68000 assembly codes and GNU assembler ...

7. PC 80x86/68000 hybrid Macro Assembler

8. PC 80x86/68000 hybrid Macro Assembler

9. PC 80x86/68000 hybrid Assembler

10. assembler 68000

11. 68000 assembler help!!

12. Require Ada->68000 assembler listing