BIOS reentrancy?
Author Message
 BIOS reentrancy?

You are right.  The last thing you want to do is call
a BIOS routine from several different concurrent
threads of execution.  Chapters 17-19 in the Art
of Assembly Language Programming ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )
touch on this problem.
Randy Hyde

Quote:
> Bioses and ROMs aren't reentrant ables. If ROMs don't contain static
> variables (I don't mean Bios-data of course), then they aren't reentrant
> ables only partially or I am wrong ?

> --
>   Ivar,  (c)RMSoft.

>   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. BIOS reentrancy?

2. BIOS reentrancy?

3. bios documentation ng.asm.x86,alt.comp.bios

4. bios documentation ang.asm.x86, alt.comp.bios

5. bios documentation ng.asm.x86,alt.comp.bios

6. bios documentation ang.asm.x86, alt.comp.bios

7. MR BIOS V3.1.2 SHAREWARE BIOS for Intel Zappa Motherboard available

8. Reentrancy problem

9. ruby/tcltk reentrancy bug

10. What is Reentrancy?

11. Info on reentrancy - source preferred.

12. ReEntrancy Code via TSRs