Command line variables to executables,command programs
Author Message
 Command line variables to executables,command programs

Ocassionally I start to muck about with Debug,I had just been using
`ASEASY' a spreadsheet,I had quit after using subscript fonts on
 my printer,and dug out an old COM that I had written earlier,that
 reset the printer,I took out the old Epson book and  made changes to
 the SCR file - then wrote  a new com, to cause a one line shift,
 debugged it into UPALINE.COM
 I decided put the upaline into a loop - Well a bit of refreshing
 of my assembly knowledge,[ perhaps even a new learning ]I used the
 CX  register and the LOOP and succeeded to write an UP5LINES.COM
 Then decided it would be nice,to enter a number at the command line
 As an insane work around I wrote a batchfile that creates the
 scriptfile calls DEBUG compiles the code then runs the new program
 ---- Okay finally! how can I write a COM that will place the number
 of loops into the CX
 I discovered that if I type something like:
 BOGUS.DUM 05
 then use DEBUG
 d080
 I will find 05 at :0082
 Is that where the variable parameters used in programs at the
 command line are stuffed into the Keyboard Buffers,if so
 how would I get it into the cx register to use in a
 loop.

 Here is a piece of the code as best I can recall:

 N up6lines.com

 a:100
        mov cx 06
        mov dl,0d
        mov  ah,05
        int 21
        loop 105
        int 20

        rcx 0f

I am sure this is really bad, but I don't really code a lot and my
 references are all at work,I put 0d - 12 instead of 1b 'cause
I can't remember exactly what the upline code is.

         Sorry this is so verbose: but the info would open a whole
 new vista for me........... Thanx Ron Rayner [Toronto Canada]

Thu, 02 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sending a command line parameter %1 to a variable in my clarion program

2. Executable command line options

3. building a command line executable

4. Win2000 Gawk Renaming a file with system() command, command line to long

5. command environments and command line arguments

6. command line options for old viscob and vclink commands

7. command line command structure representation

8. Fortran command to read command line argument?

9. System commands and command-line args with g77 on Sun

10. Obtaining the line reached in a source command without terminating the command

11. Passing command line variables to AWK in shell script

12. Awk Command-line Variables - Thanks!