how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ??? 
Author Message
 how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???

how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???


Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???

: how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???

do you want to change the actual settings or just their LEDs?  i have code
for the latter..  respond if it'd be useful


                              i love the attention



Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???

Quote:
>how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???

MEM 0040h:0018h - KEYBOARD - STATUS FLAGS 2
Size: BYTE

Bitfields for keyboard status flags 2 :
Bit(s) Description (Table M0011)
 7 INSert pressed
 6 Caps Lock pressed
 5 Num Lock pressed
 4 Scroll Lock pressed
 3 Pause state active
 2 Sys Req pressed
 1 Left Alt pressed
 0 Left Ctrl pressed



Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???

Quote:

> : how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???

> do you want to change the actual settings or just their LEDs?  i have code
> for the latter..  respond if it'd be useful

It would be useful for me...I found some docs. but that didn't work..


Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???


Quote:
> >how to on/off num lock, caps lock, scroll lock ???

> MEM 0040h:0018h - KEYBOARD - STATUS FLAGS 2

Nice try, but you're ONE byte off. It's 0040h:0017h, same bit positions.

Byte 18 contains the current state of the key. The BIOS keyboard driver uses
this bit to implement the LED toggling functionality. When CAPS is pressed,
bit 6 is set, when released, bit 6 is cleared. The this is to ignore the
automatic repeat when CAPS is being held down.

And yes, the LED's one change until a INT 16h, "wait key" or something is
called.

Quote:
> Size: BYTE

> Bitfields for keyboard status flags 2 :
> Bit(s) Description (Table M0011)
>  7 INSert pressed
>  6 Caps Lock pressed
>  5 Num Lock pressed
>  4 Scroll Lock pressed
>  3 Pause state active
>  2 Sys Req pressed
>  1 Left Alt pressed
>  0 Left Ctrl pressed

T


Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. num lock, caps lock, scroll lock lights

2. a traffic light program with lock's (num loack Caps loack and scroll lock)

3. Num Lock and Caps Lock

4. Num, Caps and Scroll Lock state?

5. how to display Num and Caps Lock state on status bar

6. Q: Determing num/caps lock status

7. {caps,num}lock - once more for the record

8. CW2.00x - how to turn caps lock off?

9. How to Set Cap Lock Off/On in Clipper 5.2

10. Scrolling & CAPS-LOCK key

11. DOS utility that controls Caps Lock & Num Lock keys

12. DBFNTX/1035 Lock failure - type lock

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software