ring 0 to ring 123
Author Message
 ring 0 to ring 123

Hello
   The code segment is either confirming or non-confirming . That mean we can only jump to a code segment either same level or less-privilege level. Does it right?
I don't believe we can jump from ring 0 to ring 3 , it should possible.
thanks

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:28:32 GMT
 ring 0 to ring 123

Quote:
> Hello
>    The code segment is either confirming or non-confirming . That mean we

can only jump to a code segment either same level or less-privilege level.
Does it right?

Quote:
> I don't believe we can jump from ring 0 to ring 3 , it should possible.

Just get yourself intel manuals that have detailed information on PMode and
instead of believing, learn it.

See my misc docs page (yellowish-greenish one) for manuals.

Good Luck
--
Alexei A. Frounze
alexfru [AT] chat [DOT] ru

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:41:18 GMT
 ring 0 to ring 123

Quote:
> See my misc docs page (yellowish-greenish one) for manuals.

Who needs URLs when you can describe pages by colour?! ;)

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 06:48:59 GMT
 ring 0 to ring 123

Quote:

> > See my misc docs page (yellowish-greenish one) for manuals.

> Who needs URLs when you can describe pages by colour?! ;)

If you ever been to my site, you could find that there is a special section
devoted to PMode/OS stuff and another one with lots of docs. Someone who
need info on PMode may go to the first one (which explicitly claims it's all
about PMode/OS) but I wanted to the other one, with misc docs on everything,
which has that funny color. Is the point now clear?

Good Luck
--
Alexei A. Frounze
alexfru [AT] chat [DOT] ru
http://alexfru.chat.ru
http://members.xoom.com/alexfru/
http://welcome.to/pmode/

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 07:06:20 GMT
 ring 0 to ring 123

Quote:
> If you ever been to my site, you could find that there is a special
section
> devoted to PMode/OS stuff and another one with lots of docs. Someone who
> need info on PMode may go to the first one (which explicitly claims it's
all
> about PMode/OS) but I wanted to the other one, with misc docs on
everything,
> which has that funny color. Is the point now clear?

Yeah, I've seen your site (I went there today, looking for IDE stuff in
fact). It just amused me because it seemed like you were starting to refer
to pages by colour.

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 07:53:09 GMT

1. Ring 0 access from within a ring 3 program without VxD

2. 123 .WKS format source - 123.prg (1/1)

3. New: Modula-2 web-ring. Please add your site to the ring.

4. Syntax colo(u)ring

5. You ring my bell.

6. Focus Ring

7. VSE and Novell 4.11 Token Ring