changing the Radix in codeview
Author Message
 changing the Radix in codeview

I'm so use to using hex numbers and now I find that codeview is not letting
me input hex numbers when trying to manually change a register.... how do
you change the Radix mode in codeview?

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:57:25 GMT
 changing the Radix in codeview

Quote:
> I'm so use to using hex numbers and now I find that codeview is not letting
> me input hex numbers when trying to manually change a register.... how do
> you change the Radix mode in codeview?

This depends on the language DLL you have loaded.  With the ASM DLL,
it'll accept 01234h format hex.  With the CPP DLL, it'll accept 0x1234
format.  The DLL you'll have will usually depend on where your copy of
CV came from -- copies distributed with VC++ normally contained only the
CPP DLL, but copies distributed with MASM also had the ASM DLL (at least
IIRC).

--
    Later,
    Jerry.

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 05:28:58 GMT
 changing the Radix in codeview
Thanks Jerry, also I just found today that at the command prompt window in
Codeview if I type  n16 that changes the base numbering system to hex and
n10 changes it back to decimal.... I'm using Codeview version 4.01
SO now I can tell Codeview what type of numbers I'm typing....

Quote:

> > I'm so use to using hex numbers and now I find that codeview is not
letting
> > me input hex numbers when trying to manually change a register.... how
do
> > you change the Radix mode in codeview?

> This depends on the language DLL you have loaded.  With the ASM DLL,
> it'll accept 01234h format hex.  With the CPP DLL, it'll accept 0x1234
> format.  The DLL you'll have will usually depend on where your copy of
> CV came from -- copies distributed with VC++ normally contained only the
> CPP DLL, but copies distributed with MASM also had the ASM DLL (at least
> IIRC).

> --
>     Later,
>     Jerry.

> The universe is a figment of its own imagination.

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:08:17 GMT

1. How to specify the radix?

2. Wanted: Explanation or Source Code (C) for Radix Sort

3. "illegal radix 1"

4. ModelSim default radix

5. 64-bit radix conversion routines

6. Radix

7. Radix Sort a la RW (a New Thread)

8. Radix sort algorithm in Python question

9. Proper Radix Formatting of Longs?

10. Q: Proper Radix Formatting of Longs?

11. Qsort, Merge sort, Radix sort in prolog Help!

12. Mixed Radix, multi-valued logic minimization