Optimizaion
Author Message
 Optimizaion

Is there a site I can access to research ASM code optimization?
Everywhere I go, there's a big difference between unopt. and opt. code.
Unopt. code seems a lot easier to see what's going on, but I'd rather have
opt'd code.

Titanes

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Optimizaion

Quote:

> Is there a site I can access to research ASM code optimization?
> Everywhere I go, there's a big difference between unopt. and opt. code.
> Unopt. code seems a lot easier to see what's going on, but I'd rather have
> opt'd code.

> Titanes

Im not 100% shore if this is what you are lucking for, but the best places to
luck at if you need info abut optimization on intel pentium+ cpu's is:
http://agner.org/assem/  and also intel has some pdf files at:
http://developer.intel.com/design/litcentr/index.htm you may want to luck at.

Leif.

--
Love, Peace, Understanding
           And

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Optimizaion
Hi Titanes,
Your case seems to be the same as me. I havent herad o any site dedicated
for code optimisation, so plan to set up one myself.
But you do have a lot of books on the subject, some of them are "Zen of code
Optimisaiton" by Michael Abrash, and "Optimising C with Assembly language"
by Peter Gulutzan and Trudy Pelzer. Do have a look at these books... and if
you know of any other, please drop me a mail.

Regards..
Girish

Quote:

>Is there a site I can access to research ASM code optimization?
>Everywhere I go, there's a big difference between unopt. and opt. code.
>Unopt. code seems a lot easier to see what's going on, but I'd rather have
>opt'd code.

>Titanes

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Optimizaion

Quote:

>Hi Titanes,
>Your case seems to be the same as me. I havent herad o any site dedicated
>for code optimisation, so plan to set up one myself.
>But you do have a lot of books on the subject, some of them are "Zen of
code
>Optimisaiton" by Michael Abrash, and "Optimising C with Assembly language"
>by Peter Gulutzan and Trudy Pelzer. Do have a look at these books... and if
>you know of any other, please drop me a mail.

The books you've mentioned are pretty out of date now. I suggest you to take
a look at brilliant Agner's Fog doc about optimization. You'll probably find
there everything you'd expect.

http://agner.org/assem/

Benji.

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT