ANNOUNCE: Release of NASM version 0.95
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Release of NASM version 0.95

ANNOUNCE: Release of version 0.95 of the Netwide Assembler (NASM)

NASM is an 80x86 assembler designed for portability and modularity.
It supports a range of object file formats including Linux a.out and
ELF, COFF, Microsoft 16-bit OBJ and Win32. It will also output plain
binary files. Its syntax is designed to be simple and easy to
understand, similar to Intel's but less complex. It supports
Pentium, P6 and MMX opcodes, and has macro capability. It includes a
disassembler as well.

Major new features present in this release include:

(*) The long-awaited listing file support!

(*) Support for a search path for include files.

(*) OS/2 object file support, although it's experimental as yet
    (could anyone with OS/2 _please_ give it a testing for me?).

(*) This release, and all NASM releases from now on, include
    pre-built Win32 versions of NASM and NDISASM, as well as the
    16-bit DOS versions.

(*) Numerous bug fixes, including the repeatedly-reported bug about
    blank lines in macro definitions, and the one that prevented
    32-bit OBJ files working with some linkers.

BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBILITY: The `[INCLUDE filename]' and `[INC
filename]' directives have, as warned, been phased out in this
version in favour of the `%include' preprocessor directive.

NASM is currently available in Unix .tar.gz format as

  ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/Incoming/nasm-0.95.tar.gz

and will (hopefully) at some point move to

  ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/devel/lang/assemblers/nasm-0.95.tar.gz

It's also been posted to Simtel and the Coast-to-Coast Repository in
DOS archive form. It should already be available from

  ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/a{*filter*}l/nasm095.zip
  ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/a{*filter*}l/nasm095s.zip

and when Coast-to-Coast sort out their disk space problems it should
also turn up at

  ftp://ftp.coast.net/coast/msdos/a{*filter*}il/nasm095.zip
  ftp://ftp.coast.net/coast/msdos/a{*filter*}il/nasm095s.zip

(nasm095s.zip includes source code; nasm095.zip is binaries-only).
Of course these files are, or will shortly be, also available from
any site, such as sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk, which mirrors
sunsite.unc.edu, Simtel or Coast.

Unfortunately I'm no longer able to provide a back-up FTP site, so
the above are the only places I'm uploading NASM to.

Enjoy using NASM!
Simon
--
Simon Tatham. Trinity College, Cambridge, CB2 1TQ, England.

No Web page.           But if I keep talking, I can drive them insane."
--
Simon Tatham. Trinity College, Cambridge, CB2 1TQ, England.

No Web page.           But if I keep talking, I can drive them insane."

Fri, 28 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem from NASM 0.95 to 0.97

2. nasm 0.95

3. ANNOUNCE: Release of NASM version 0.94

4. ANNOUNCE: Release of NASM version 0.94

5. XTDLIB 0.95 released

6. WDOSX 0.95 released

7. WDOSX 0.95 released

8. ANNOUNCE: Release of NASM v0.93

9. ANNOUNCE: Release of NASM v0.93

10. DELTA Forth 0.95 now available

11. ANN: rlcompleter2 0.95 Interactive Completion

12. semi-[ANN] Ruby::RSS 0.95