urgent: Runtime error 3 at 010c:16a.
Author Message
 urgent: Runtime error 3 at 010c:16a.

this error occurs in a dos-program which (imho) does not run in
protected mode (MZ-Header). i don't know which compiler was used,
there's no indication in the header either.
no my questions:
  1) what could be the meaning of this error?
  2) what the heck does this program do in the dos data area?
if someone could answer one of these questions, i's appreciate very
much!

thanks in advance
  michael

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 urgent: Runtime error 3 at 010c:16a.

Quote:
> this error occurs in a dos-program which (imho) does not run in
> protected mode (MZ-Header). i don't know which compiler was used,
> there's no indication in the header either.
> no my questions:
>   1) what could be the meaning of this error?
>   2) what the heck does this program do in the dos data area?
> if someone could answer one of these questions, i's appreciate very
> much!

MZ-header should nothing to do with real- or protmode. This program
may be realmode program but this don't mean that CPU is in realmode -
it can be in V86-mode. Also this may be protmode program.
Unfortunately I haven't answer but CPU is anyway in pmode.
Compiler or linker information never put into exe-header.(Exist some
 type-detection utilities with its own logic.)

--
  Ivar,  (c)RMSoft.

  http://my.tele2.ee/rmsoft

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 urgent: Runtime error 3 at 010c:16a.

Quote:

> this error occurs in a dos-program which (imho) does not run in
> protected mode (MZ-Header). i don't know which compiler was used,
> there's no indication in the header either.
> no my questions:
>   1) what could be the meaning of this error?
>   2) what the heck does this program do in the dos data area?
> if someone could answer one of these questions, i's appreciate very
> much!

Almost certainly a program that was compiled with Borland Turbo Pascal,
the address is within the executable, so it is only usable in the
compiler/IDE where you can ask to locate the error location.

Error 3 is 'Path not found', so check for any file paths!

Terje

--

Using self-discipline, see http://www.eiffel.com/discipline

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. urgent: Runtime error 3 at 010c:16a.

2. Runtime Error, Code 03,WSL - PLEASE HELP Urgent

3. URGENT: cobol runtime error 204

4. URGENT: cobol runtime error 204

5. runtime error (internal error)

6. Runtime Error --Internal Error 01: WSLKEYB

7. Runtime Error. Internal Error 04 : CTLMAIN

8. Runtime Error - Internal Error 02:WSLDIAL

9. runtime error: Internal Error:tpsbt.cpp line 1482

10. Runtime error : internal error 04:CTLMAIN

11. Runtime Error / Internal Error: tpsbt: cpp line 2172

12. Runtime Error M6104, Floating point error:overflow