PMODE
Author Message
 PMODE

Does anyone know where I can download pmode ???

Wed, 09 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PMODE

in alt.lang.asm:

Quote:
> Does anyone know where I can download pmode ???

Your question as written doesn't make much sense.  Protected mode is a
hardware operating mode of the processor, not something you can
download from the internet.

But if you mean downloading information on how protected mode works,
there are some articles available from Robert Collins' site at
http://www.x86.org/articles/articles.html.

You can also download real Intel programming manuals in PDF format
from Intel at http://developer.intel.com.

Jack Klein
--
Home: http://home.att.net/~jackklein

Wed, 09 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PMODE

Quote:

> in alt.lang.asm:

> > Does anyone know where I can download pmode ???

> Your question as written doesn't make much sense.  Protected mode is a
> hardware operating mode of the processor, not something you can
> download from the internet.

Actually it dose, Pmode was (is) an old 32 bit dos extender (i think the
first one was  realist in 93 - 94 or some thing like that, freeware, with
source code, very popular in the demo sean back then), as well as a short
for Protected mode... Try any file archive like: ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/,
ftp.cdrom.com or simtel net, it should be easy to find.

--
Leif

I don't mind get an email or two, but I do hate

 Love, Peace, Understanding
            And
    Freedom To Every One

Wed, 09 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PMODE
Or where I can download something that is the same.

A pmode library.
for example:
  include pmode;
    call startpmode

>> > Does anyone know where I can download pmode ???

>> Your question as written doesn't make much sense.  Protected mode is a
>> hardware operating mode of the processor, not something you can
>> download from the internet.

>Actually it dose, Pmode was (is) an old 32 bit dos extender (i think the
>first one was  realist in 93 - 94 or some thing like that, freeware, with
>source code, very popular in the demo sean back then), as well as a short
>for Protected mode... Try any file archive like: ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/,
>ftp.cdrom.com or simtel net, it should be easy to find.

>--
>Leif

>I don't mind get an email or two, but I do hate

> Love, Peace, Understanding
>            And
>    Freedom To Every One

Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PMODE

Quote:

> Or where I can download something that is the same.

> A pmode library.
> for example:
>   include pmode;
>     call startpmode

The hero of dos extenders is probably wdosx:  http://www.wuschel.demon.co.uk/
, also a number of dos extenders her:  ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/x2ftp/pmode/

Leif

I don't mind get an email or two, but I do hate

 Love, Peace, Understanding
            And
    Freedom To Every One

Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pmode switching - pmode.asm (0/1)

2. Pmode switching - pmode.asm (0/1)

3. self-booting pmode program written in assembler written in sh

4. pmode prob setting up 4G data segment...

5. probs entering pmode

6. Pmode swap around?

7. 286 pmode

8. BIOS and pmode memory question