VESA modes and the mouse
Author Message
 VESA modes and the mouse

Try Running the compiled program under windows 9x in MS-DOS Prompt
window.
Quote:

>OK, I've been on this one since 7PM last night.

>mov    ax, 1
>int    33h

>It doesn't work at all.
>I've tried it with and without loading video memory.
>I've tried it in 16 bit real mode and I've tried it in 32 bit protected.
>I've tried it with bank switching and with the LFB.
>I've reset the mouse, I've turned it on 4 times in a row, I've
>set the CRT page and any number of other things I could think of.

>I've searched the VBE 1.2 and 2.0 specs and I've studied the
>DPMI 0.9 specs.
>All I ask is that someone point me in the right
>direction so I can use this popular rodent in 640x480x256 (101h) mode.
>I really need some sleep guys. Thanks
>Beanpole

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VESA modes and the mouse

You can't SHOW the internal mousecursor in VESA modes. You have to
paint your own cursor. You can however use the
get_mouse_position_x_or_y functions under int 33h, you must have a
mouse driver loaded though :)

/ Jens

Quote:

> >OK, I've been on this one since 7PM last night.

> >mov    ax, 1
> >int    33h

> >It doesn't work at all.
> >I've tried it with and without loading video memory.
> >I've tried it in 16 bit real mode and I've tried it in 32 bit protected.
> >I've tried it with bank switching and with the LFB.
> >I've reset the mouse, I've turned it on 4 times in a row, I've
> >set the CRT page and any number of other things I could think of.

> >I've searched the VBE 1.2 and 2.0 specs and I've studied the
> >DPMI 0.9 specs.
> >All I ask is that someone point me in the right
> >direction so I can use this popular rodent in 640x480x256 (101h) mode.
> >I really need some sleep guys. Thanks
> >Beanpole

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VESA modes and the mouse

2. MOUSE IN VESA MODE?

3. Using mouse in Vesa modes

4. Efficient mouse cursor in vesa mode

5. mouse in vesa modes

6. Efficient mouse cursor in vesa mode

7. protect mode and VESA modes

8. Funcky Protected Mode Graphical Mouse Cursor in Text Mode

9. VESA mouse cursor

10. mouse & VESA

11. Mice, mice, mice, mice ...

12. Mice, mice, mice, mice ...