Debugging newbie
Author Message
 Debugging newbie

Hi gang,
   I have been playing around with interrupts, watching what goes on
using Borland Turbo de{*filter*}.  I have used debug to examine the int
vector table in order to determine the CS and IP for the int handlers.
I have  written a small program that simply calls an interrupt and then
returns to DOS.  When I step through this program with TD using Alt-F7,
I see CS and IP getting loaded with the same Bytes that I found using
debug as described above when the INT instuction is read.  All well and
good.

  However, when I try this with an INT 0Bh  (COMM2), CS and IP are being

loaded with completly different values than what I expect upon
exectuting the INT instuction.  I have not had a chance to try any other

INTs other than 0h and 0Bh, but wonder why this might be happening.

  Thanks for the help!

Bob L.

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Debugging newbie

2. General newbie debugging advice?

3. debug...... for a newbie

4. newbie DEBUG problem

5. Newbie question: debugging fortran dll's

6. Debugging Python -Newbie?

7. Newbie-q: Debugging tkinter(and other GUI)-Programs

8. newbie debugging farmer-goat-cabbage-wolf-puzzle

9. newbie: debug

10. Newbie: How to debug?

11. Debug/Kill + Debug/Run = RB Crash

12. can someone email me Debug.com not debug.exe