Directory Structure
Author Message
 Directory Structure

Does anybody have any documents on directory structures for UNIX systems
or other systems with long file names. I'm not looking for theory, just
how the bytes pan out to filename, time, date, etc. Thanks.

- Vea

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Directory Structure

Quote:

> Does anybody have any documents on directory structures for UNIX systems

Look /usr/include/sys/dirent.h - it contains definition.

Tue, 10 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Directory Structure

    Vea> Does anybody have any documents on directory structures for UNIX systems
    Vea> or other systems with long file names. I'm not looking for theory, just
    Vea> how the bytes pan out to filename, time, date, etc. Thanks.

    Vea> - Vea

See /usr/include/sys/inode.h (plus a few others).  Also, the file
system structure depends on the version of UNIX.  Look up the papers
on the Berkeley Fast File System for starters.

Bonne chance
  ..greg
--

   _`\<,_     Systems Engineering, Carleton University,     _|\,
  (*)/ (*)        Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5B6.           /

Tue, 10 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. PDS Directory Structure

2. FTP sending/receiving and directory structure

3. Does anyone have a vi to retrieve directory structure

4. Getting directory structure via ftp?

5. Project Directory Structure

6. Package directory structure during development

7. Directory Structure

8. How to organize directory structure, Makefiles, ...

9. Catalog directory structure into MySQL

10. Zope problem with directory structure

11. Finding Directory Structures ??

12. reading directory structure