BIOS data area seem stop??
Author Message
 BIOS data area seem stop??

Hi , When  i get into Protected mode the BIOS keyboard buffer area seems
stop.. so when i press a key , the int 9 seem won't put the key in the BIOS
buffer . Does it really stop?? or i set something wrong??
thanks a lot!!!

Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:49:07 GMT
 BIOS data area seem stop??

Quote:
>Hi , When  i get into Protected mode the BIOS keyboard buffer area seems
>stop.. so when i press a key , the int 9 seem won't put the key in the BIOS
>buffer . Does it really stop?? or i set something wrong??

When you go into protected mode, interrupts have to be handled by yourself.
If you don't handle them yourself, or don't redirect them to the 'old'
routines,
nothing will happen...

Thu, 03 Apr 2003 13:46:03 GMT
 BIOS data area seem stop??
But do you know how to redirect the int 9 in PM ? Do you have any article
doing this??
Thank you very much for reply!!!

Quote:

>>Hi , When  i get into Protected mode the BIOS keyboard buffer area seems
>>stop.. so when i press a key , the int 9 seem won't put the key in the
BIOS
>>buffer . Does it really stop?? or i set something wrong??

>When you go into protected mode, interrupts have to be handled by yourself.
>If you don't handle them yourself, or don't redirect them to the 'old'
>routines,
>nothing will happen...

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 08:26:08 GMT
 BIOS data area seem stop??

Quote:

> But do you know how to redirect the int 9 in PM ? Do you have any article
> doing this??
> Thank you very much for reply!!!

You need to set up a whole new Interrupt Table when going into PM. I'd
advise you to get the "System Designer Reference Manual" from the Intel
web-site, as a pdf. It's all quite well explained. But passing into
PMode isn't as simple as all that, and there are some things you have to
know if you're to understand what you're doing. As I said, I think you
should read, or at least skim, the refernce manual.

Quote:

> >>Hi , When  i get into Protected mode the BIOS keyboard buffer area seems
> >>stop.. so when i press a key , the int 9 seem won't put the key in the
> BIOS
> >>buffer . Does it really stop?? or i set something wrong??

> >When you go into protected mode, interrupts have to be handled by yourself.
> >If you don't handle them yourself, or don't redirect them to the 'old'
> >routines,
> >nothing will happen...

Jonathan Neve.

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. keyboard BIOS data area?

2. Reading from the BIOS data area

3. Read from BIOS data area

4. BIOS DATA area?

5. BIOS DATA area?

6. Reading from the BIOS data area

7. BIOS Data area?

8. Help with BIOS data area please??

9. MVS REXX - Looking for Pointer to Data Area IWMRQRY Answer Area

10. BIOS working area?

11. Accessing the BIOS NV areas.

12. DATA and ARGV don't seem to work under winruby