Random numbers...
Author Message
 Random numbers...

Hello,
  I need to know how to generate random numbers.  Is there a common api
call, dll, or will I have to create my own generator? Any tips, help, or
code will be very helpful!

        C.J.

     !#!#!#!#!
     | _   _ |
     |<*) (*>|

      ( [*] )
       \___/

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Random numbers...

Quote:

>Hello,
>  I need to know how to generate random numbers.  Is there a common api
>call, dll, or will I have to create my own generator? Any tips, help, or
>code will be very helpful!

>        C.J.

A fun way to collect random numbers is to eat at Chinese restaurants often
and use the lotto numbers off of the back of the fortune cookies.

Or you could just use http://www.math.keio.ac.jp/~matumoto/emt.html
There is C code available at this site. Any C compiler can output
assembly for you if you want.

I like the fortune cookie method myself.

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Random Number Generator to produce SAME random number from 12:00am-11:59pm

2. Random number not random?

3. Pentium III processor number and random number generator

4. J random-number generator: what is used?

5. Quasi Random numbers

6. How do I get random numbers with ALC?

7. [VA] Random Numbers!

8. Problem with random numbers

9. Random number generators

10. Random number generators

11. Random number algorithims

12. WANTED: Assembly code for random numbers