NT Assembly --> LPT1
Author Message
 NT Assembly --> LPT1

How can i use assembly language to read and write lpt1 port in nt4.0 system.
The program is working fine in win98 system but can`t working in nt4.0
system.
Did somebody can show me how to do ?

mov dx,378
out dx,al
inc dx
in al,dx
ret

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Assembly --> LPT1
: How can i use assembly language to read and write lpt1 port in nt4.0 system.
: The program is working fine in win98 system but can`t working in nt4.0
: system.
: Did somebody can show me how to do ?

: mov dx,378
: out dx,al
: inc dx
: in al,dx
: ret

NT, being a real operating system, most likely restricts direct access
to the parallel port.  yer probably better off calling NT's driver to
do the work.  if you absolutely must do it directly, write your own
driver or perhaps there's a way to get Ring 0 in WinNT (?)

--
=-= Join us in the fight against {*filter*}! =-=

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Assembly --> LPT1
I do not consider a system that will not do what the programmer wants a real
operating system. Anymore than
Than I consider macro languages a real programming system. Or most compilers
for that matter. That's why I'm here, and even in assembly device drivers
are often limited.

Quote:

> : How can i use assembly language to read and write lpt1 port in nt4.0
system.
> : The program is working fine in win98 system but can`t working in nt4.0
> : system.
> : Did somebody can show me how to do ?

> : mov dx,378
> : out dx,al
> : inc dx
> : in al,dx
> : ret

> NT, being a real operating system, most likely restricts direct access
> to the parallel port.  yer probably better off calling NT's driver to
> do the work.  if you absolutely must do it directly, write your own
> driver or perhaps there's a way to get Ring 0 in WinNT (?)

> --
> =-= Join us in the fight against {*filter*}! =-=

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Assembly --> LPT1

Quote:

> I do not consider a system that will not do what the programmer wants a real
> operating system. Anymore than
> Than I consider macro languages a real programming system. Or most compilers
> for that matter. That's why I'm here, and even in assembly device drivers
> are often limited.

That seems very naive to me. If "the programmer" wants to program a
multi-user or multi-tasking operating system, it's almost imperative
that the OS controls access to the hardware, not the user. The
alternative is that, for instance, every time you open a file you
perform all of the tasks required to guarantee that no other processes
are writing to the same file at the same time. Personally I'd rather
leave that task to the OS.

Salut
Paul

Quote:

> > : How can i use assembly language to read and write lpt1 port in nt4.0
> system.
> > : The program is working fine in win98 system but can`t working in nt4.0
> > : system.
> > : Did somebody can show me how to do ?
> > : mov dx,378
> > : out dx,al
> > : inc dx
> > : in al,dx
> > : ret
> > NT, being a real operating system, most likely restricts direct access
> > to the parallel port.  yer probably better off calling NT's driver to
> > do the work.  if you absolutely must do it directly, write your own
> > driver or perhaps there's a way to get Ring 0 in WinNT (?)

--
Paul Floyd      Focal Ingenierie Sud
Mail: paul underscore floyd at focal dot fr

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Assembly --> LPT1
Ever try reading a dictionary ?
NO OOOH
I meant that there are a whole bunch of things I want to do that
The api"s WON'T LET ME DUE TO THE WEIGHT OF THE CODE.
SEE www.stormsurge.com for a great example of of an application that can't
be done
On the Multics/NT programming model.
It seems that engineers like most artists can't or won't conceptualize
That what I asked for and what they did Isn't the same in the
Way that a painting isn't a picture.
Even if it's computer oriented.
Don't care if you "paint in the hitleresque neo realist style"
Or even if you can paint movie scenes for SPFX
No
My problem is that the basic way that writing is done
Either in word processors or in code environments encourages
Don't  touch that which is written
You'd think that the word processor was never invented DAMN
I am sooo sick of dealing with idiot savannas who can do
One thing well but  are unable to put it into perspective and
Think that they should be treated like prima donnas over this
BTW the smoking gun here is that PMS office
Uses custom api extensions to make it more competitive and
Therefore it is a quality product
But Netscape which doesn't have access to rewriting the api
Can't produce a product without bugs from hell
Either in business
Or as mozilla

It is AS IF someone asked me to write Shakespeare by
Quoting chapter and verse from the IRS code to
NOT Allow me to type and I'm not allowed to do ANYTHING
Directly not even compile a simple assembly lang. program
That accesses the working software I already have
NA?VE ..................
Hell I'd say I am anything but.
Got Morons coming out the {*filter*}
Flowing Like The NIAGARA
Idiot Savants from hell.
I have posted elsewhere in this group that I want to
Work on an AI programming IDE for asm lang.
Offers to do this in Visual Basic
Was going to reply to that threead sic
But why not here and there so everyone is on the same page at the same time
;-)
The reason it has to be in assembly language and HLL
At the same time is that some things are only possible
In assembly language
I thought about doing this as freeware
Like linux to get support but I think a virtual Corp
On the internet will be a more viable idea
Trouble is how do I get started
Oh sure web site
VC 's to take over and run the place is out

But there is a piece of software that I can see in my head that
I don't seem to be able to get people to
Write and there is too much to do for one person
Mostly in the form of transferring knowledge of how to do things
Interface to existing code platforms
To a common platform
.
Case in point JAVA
They are sooo wrong with their VM
There are certain things that are best done in a
Binary environment
Not in a call by reference handle from hell based environment
Perhaps I need to get in touch with Ted Nelson
It seems that this is sooo LOST
Here
I wonder do I have any volunteers ?
The closest thing I have seen is python but is is inadequate.
Thing could be is the start of a new Os methodology
Money money money
Even the back orifice people have their heads up their butts
I don't want PMSNBC to fix the hole in windows so I can
Be secure in the knowledge that I am protected by a communist
Beauracracy
I want to make even more  holes in the os
YES I WANT AN OS THAT IS HOLY LIKE GOD
Made in his image
With his blessing
I am not worthy
I can think of a few adm apps that I can write
If only I too had access to the brass ring or monkey
;-0
I want to start with the Bo2k app and start a
LINUX type movement to market all kinds of apps
That simply can't be made to work without a decent
Front panel, and or back panel
please understand I am interested
In making money and spending it at the same time
Unlike most corp weasels
I think I may have lost you a few palaces up there
Not a liberal art grad if you had any trouble at all following this code.

Enquiring minds want to know
Hitler painted in a realist style
Bill's best friend Buffet
Likes media and studies it.
Seen a recent Target ad
Seems very NEO realist to me
Just like the style of windows
Are there extrapolations to be made ?
How would you code for them.
Am I missing something here ?
some of the most logical people I know work for the CIA
I simply don't care ZIPIT
I used to care no really I did
You have to believe me
ASK anyone

Little Bow Tie to finish up here
BILL GATES  anagram legal bits
Has such a similarity to the Zen of the
IRS code or the way most lawyers talk.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS DAMN

Quote:

> > I do not consider a system that will not do what the programmer wants a
real
> > operating system. Anymore than
> > Than I consider macro languages a real programming system. Or most
compilers
> > for that matter. That's why I'm here, and even in assembly device
drivers
> > are often limited.

> That seems very naive to me. If "the programmer" wants to program a
> multi-user or multi-tasking operating system, it's almost imperative
> that the OS controls access to the hardware, not the user. The
> alternative is that, for instance, every time you open a file you
> perform all of the tasks required to guarantee that no other processes
> are writing to the same file at the same time. Personally I'd rather
> leave that task to the OS.

> Salut
> Paul

> > > : How can i use assembly language to read and write lpt1 port in nt4.0
> > system.
> > > : The program is working fine in win98 system but can`t working in
nt4.0
> > > : system.
> > > : Did somebody can show me how to do ?

> > > : mov dx,378
> > > : out dx,al
> > > : inc dx
> > > : in al,dx
> > > : ret

> > > NT, being a real operating system, most likely restricts direct access
> > > to the parallel port.  yer probably better off calling NT's driver to
> > > do the work.  if you absolutely must do it directly, write your own
> > > driver or perhaps there's a way to get Ring 0 in WinNT (?)

> --
> Paul Floyd Focal Ingenierie Sud
> Mail: paul underscore floyd at focal dot fr
> Sig tagline under contemplation.

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Assembly --> LPT1
I dont' care What I said is still right
Indoit Savants
Rainman
Kmart quality
Kind of like a building by Frank Loyld Wright
Beautiful in his head
A pain ful vision to live with
Control from hell
Unable to think outside the box
Idiot Savant

Like a Sears Catalog room
or a commercial where all the food looks good
It's a bright sunny day.
This former spelling bee winner doesn't give a rat's hang time
that the techies can do it.
Like Louie in Taxi I have only one talent
I can look at what someone else has and tell you what it's worth
Too bad most love their work and hate critique.
Yes my bedside manner could use a touch of diplomacy.

Quote:
> [...]

> > > for that matter. That's why I'm here, and even in assembly device
> drivers
> > > are often limited.

> > That seems very naive to me. If "the programmer" wants to program a
> > multi-user or multi-tasking operating system, it's almost imperative
> > that the OS controls access to the hardware, not the user. The
> > alternative is that, for instance, every time you open a file you
> > perform all of the tasks required to guarantee that no other processes
> > are writing to the same file at the same time. Personally I'd rather
> > leave that task to the OS.

> > Salut
> > Paul

> > > system.
> nt4.0

> > --
> > Paul Floyd Focal Ingenierie Sud
> > Mail: paul underscore floyd at focal dot fr

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT Assembly --> LPT1

Quote:
> Like Louie in Taxi I have only one talent
> I can look at what someone else has and tell you what it's worth
> Too bad most love their work and hate critique.

And you're posting all this painfully Rod McKuen-esque blank verse in the
alt.lang.asm newsgroup for WHAT reason...?

In view of your self-described talent, perhaps you'd be well-advised to look
at what YOU have, and consider what it's worth.

Then post the result in a poetry newsgroup.

Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. NI VISA not seeing LPT1, although LPT1 working with Logic Analzyer Software

2. Losing LPT1 as a Default Printing Device under NT

3. LPT1 PROBLEM IN WINDOWS NT

4. Use of LPT1: on Windows NT/2000

5. C/C++ >> assembly

6. HELP>>>>>>>Fortran-Pascal Linking

7. >>>>>>>FROM SMTK TO C++

8. ><><><><>Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp on INT 14!><><><><><>

9. <<<<<YOU MUST CHECK THIS OUT >>>>>>>>>> 2103

10. NT and assembly

11. Assembly in NT

12. x86 assembly + Win NT