virus detectors
Author Message
 virus detectors

Why they cannot locate bios viruses and they start very late after windows
has loaded all needed files.

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 virus detectors
You mean viruses in the Flash-BIOS?  The only virus I know of that infects
such BIOS is BIOS Meningnitas, which doesn't succeed every time.  And if it
doesn't, the BIOS needs to be replaced or its code restored and if the little
guy is soldered to the board.... Well, you'll need to replace the whole
board.  Indeed an anti virus program could scan the BIOS, but I feel the anti
virus industry won't start scanning it until more such viruses appear.  This
particular one also goes for floppy bootsectors.

Team2000 PC/Palm Pilot Programming Team:
http://ppilot.homepage.com

Quote:

> Why they cannot locate bios viruses and they start very late after windows
> has loaded all needed files.

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

3. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

4. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

5. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

6. Are Virus Protection Firms the Virus Coders !!

7. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

8. Edge detector in Labview (6i)

9. peak detector

10. Threshold Detector Can Detect?

11. Meaning of "threshold" in Peak Detector

12. como trabajar con una camara digital pinecamZ100 mediante un detector de movimiento