PMode question (another)
Author Message
 PMode question (another)

Hello,

 I am currently working on an OS project, and I was wanting to make it a PMODE
operating system... and NOT use the old real mode stuff. However, I have little
experience in PMODE, and was wondering if someone could help me out. What I
need is 2 things. 1. a good tutorial on using/programing PMODE.... and 2. a
short example in ASM on how to get to PMODE, print out a message (hello world
type thing), then switch back to real mode. Please post to the NG or e-mail me
this info, thanks.

Thanks a lot!

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PMode question (another)
Follow this link to a great pmode site:

http://www.phys.uu.nl/~mjanssen/

Quote:

> Hello,

>  I am currently working on an OS project, and I was wanting to make it a PMODE
> operating system... and NOT use the old real mode stuff. However, I have little
> experience in PMODE, and was wondering if someone could help me out. What I
> need is 2 things. 1. a good tutorial on using/programing PMODE.... and 2. a
> short example in ASM on how to get to PMODE, print out a message (hello world
> type thing), then switch back to real mode. Please post to the NG or e-mail me
> this info, thanks.

> Thanks a lot!

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Two basic PMode questions