Fast memory moves on PCs
Author Message
 Fast memory moves on PCs

Quote:
> The electronic magazine issue which was posted to this group earlier
> had an interesting article in it.  It claimed to detail how to program
> the DMA controller in the PC to perform memory moves extremely fast.
> The article was pretty sketchy, as was the example source code; I was
> wondering if anyone had gotten it to work.

    I put the magazine on the net.  Unfortunately I've tried the DMA
  stuff out too (the most interesting thing in the mag) and though I
  didn't put more than a couple hours into it, I didn't get it to work
  either.
    Does anyone out there have some good DMA code for the PC ....

This is my signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.
 ... if you don't get it ... don't ask.

Mon, 04 Oct 1993 08:00:55 GMT
 Fast memory moves on PCs
I did some code a while back which does (non-DMA) memory moves on PC's
in arbitrary quantities (not limited to just under 64K like the libraries
of a certain compiler I use).  I never needed it in the end, but if
anyone's interested I could post it here...it handles moves of >1 segment
and move backwards or forwards to correct problems with overlapping
memory blocks (and on the negative side its probably somewhat buggy
:-(.

--

                     (In order of decreasing reliability)
Warning!

Fri, 08 Oct 1993 19:05:10 GMT

1. Fastest way to move memory

2. Fast Memory Move.

3. My browser moves too fast - Please help to slow it down

4. FAST MEM-SEG MOVING...

5. Very fast bitfield move routine?

6. fast move

7. FAST MEM-SEG MOVING...

8. FPU move data faster than MOV?!

9. FPU move data faster than MOV?!

10. FPU instructions move data faster than MOV?!

11. Fast Bit Moving Question

12. does opensource move faster with python?