Util to easily write boot code to bootsector
Author Message
 Util to easily write boot code to bootsector

Can someone perhaps point me in the direction of a util which under win nt
will allow me to write a file to the bootsector of a floppy? I havent been
able to find anything but ONE util, and that had rather random behaviour,
which mean i lost my harddrive bootsector at first.

Is there a prefered tool for this sort of work`?

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 02:39:21 GMT
 Util to easily write boot code to bootsector

Quote:
> Can someone perhaps point me in the direction of a util which under win nt
> will allow me to write a file to the bootsector of a floppy? I havent been
> able to find anything but ONE util, and that had rather random behaviour,
> which mean i lost my harddrive bootsector at first.

> Is there a prefered tool for this sort of work`?

I use rawrite or rawritewin,
http://slackware.dsi.internet2.edu/slackware_source/rootdisks/rawrite...
writewin-0.6.zip

Tue, 03 May 2005 22:24:25 GMT
 Util to easily write boot code to bootsector
winimage from www.winimage.com

-jason

Quote:

> > Can someone perhaps point me in the direction of a util which under win
nt
> > will allow me to write a file to the bootsector of a floppy? I havent
been
> > able to find anything but ONE util, and that had rather random
behaviour,
> > which mean i lost my harddrive bootsector at first.

> > Is there a prefered tool for this sort of work`?

> I use rawrite or rawritewin,

http://slackware.dsi.internet2.edu/slackware_source/rootdisks/rawrite...

> writewin-0.6.zip

Sat, 14 May 2005 04:15:39 GMT
 Util to easily write boot code to bootsector

Quote:

> winimage from www.winimage.com

> -jason

> > > Can someone perhaps point me in the direction of a util which under win
>  nt
> > > will allow me to write a file to the bootsector of a floppy? I havent
>  been
> > > able to find anything but ONE util, and that had rather random
>  behaviour,
> > > which mean i lost my harddrive bootsector at first.

> > > Is there a prefered tool for this sort of work`?

> > I use rawrite or rawritewin,

>  http://slackware.dsi.internet2.edu/slackware_source/rootdisks/rawrite...
> > writewin-0.6.zip
> >Why not just use GOOD OLE DEBUG to do it

use the WRITE command

-w Address drive firstsector number

w 0:7c00 0 0 1

will write 512 bytes starting at Physical Memory 0:7c00 to sector 0
Logical Drive 0(floppy) Just assemble your code at 0:7c00 and use
supplied command BUT BE REALLY CAREFULL lest you TOAST your harddrive
doing this stuff
Use only on FloPPy DriVeS till you know wjat your are doing..

Sat, 14 May 2005 15:27:40 GMT

1. self-booting pmode program written in assembler written in sh

2. Read/Writing bootsectors from Ring-3 program

3. Writing to the BootSector

4. bootsector code

5. Bootsector code

6. I need BootSector code of DOS 3.0 or +

7. Blobs - mixing Python and C data structures easily in C code

8. boot sector writing

9. Writing To Boot Sector

10. Writing to the Boot record.

11. Seeking advice : Feasiblity of writing boot loader in 1 semester

12. Writing at boot sector to the first sector of a disk