(slightly offtopic) A way to send a disconnection signal to a winmodem?
Author Message
 (slightly offtopic) A way to send a disconnection signal to a winmodem?

Is there a way(device independent) to make a winmodem reset itself, and free
up the phoneline under win32/dos assembly?

this is really annoying my friend... his winmodem, after disconnection from
the server, still takes up the phoneline, and nobody can call him, until he
unplugs it from the phone outlet or reboots the system...

At first I didn't know that it was a winmodem, so I tried sending it
disconnect
signals through a terminal software, that didn't work...

Is there a way to do it through Win32 API calls or direct I/O access in
assembly or C/C++?

thank you very much...

--
*******

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 (slightly offtopic) A way to send a disconnection signal to a winmodem?

I guess there is some existing function that disconnects or simply sends
something to modem port and disconnect occurs.

I also have a WinModem and it hangs time to time, so I have to reset it
physically be a reset key on the computer. :(

Alex

Quote:

> Is there a way(device independent) to make a winmodem reset itself, and free
> up the phoneline under win32/dos assembly?

> this is really annoying my friend... his winmodem, after disconnection from
> the server, still takes up the phoneline, and nobody can call him, until he
> unplugs it from the phone outlet or reboots the system...

> At first I didn't know that it was a winmodem, so I tried sending it
> disconnect
> signals through a terminal software, that didn't work...

> Is there a way to do it through Win32 API calls or direct I/O access in
> assembly or C/C++?

> thank you very much...

> --
> *******

Fri, 02 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. (slightly offtopic) A way to send a disconnection signal to a winmodem?

2. On accounting and engineering.(Slightly offtopic)

3. Hardware specs [slightly offtopic]

4. How to send signals to a background process

5. : Signal sent on Tk termination?

6. signal SIGUSR1 should send a byte via socket

7. send break signal to serial port

8. How to send Signal to change value dynamically

9. Sending Ctrl/C signal to win32 process

10. Sending a signal to a process started by another user

11. sending ctrl-break signal or ctrl-c

12. Send out analog and digital signal simultaneously ?