stack ?
Author Message
 stack ?

Hello , my program can do the interrupt in P-mode but i haven't create a
stack segment for P-mode so my program should not work (but it works fine).
Would you like to tell me how to explain this stituation for me?

thanks a lot

Sat, 03 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 stack ?

Quote:

> Hello , my program can do the interrupt in P-mode but i haven't create a
> stack segment for P-mode so my program should not work (but it works fine).
> Would you like to tell me how to explain this stituation for me?

  Whatever was in sp and the hidden part of ss while you were in real
mode continues to be used after you switch to pmode, until you change
it.

  If you want to understand it, read
http://www.csoft.net/~johnfine/segments.htm

[message emailed and posted]
--
http://www.erols.com/johnfine/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8600/

Sat, 03 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 stack ?
But I have perform a far jump so the SS and SP will load with the new value
and i haven't create the right stack segment in pmode so would you explain
me why my program still work?
thanks

Quote:

> > Hello , my program can do the interrupt in P-mode but i haven't create a
> > stack segment for P-mode so my program should not work (but it works
fine).
> > Would you like to tell me how to explain this stituation for me?

>   Whatever was in sp and the hidden part of ss while you were in real
> mode continues to be used after you switch to pmode, until you change
> it.

>   If you want to understand it, read
> http://www.csoft.net/~johnfine/segments.htm

> [message emailed and posted]
> --
> http://www.erols.com/johnfine/
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8600/

Sun, 04 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 stack ?

Quote:

> But I have perform a far jump so the SS and SP will load with the new value
> and i haven't create the right stack segment in pmode so would you explain
> me why my program still work?
. . .
> >   Whatever was in sp and the hidden part of ss while you were in real
> > mode continues to be used after you switch to pmode, until you change
> > it.

> >   If you want to understand it, read
> > http://www.csoft.net/~johnfine/segments.htm

   A far jump doesn't affect SS or SP.
--
http://www.erols.com/johnfine/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8600/

Sun, 04 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Regex, stack overflow, and adjusting stack size

2. Addressable Stacks and optimizations (was: Addressable Stacks?)

3. Addressable Stacks and optimizations (was: Addressable Stacks?)

4. stacking stacks of database info.....

5. Stack overflow problem but increasing stack size does not solve the problem

6. Allocating on the stack and *only* on the stack

7. "TclExecuteByteCode execution failure: end stack top != start stack top"

8. Need a Stack

9. Linkage stack DSECTs

10. Stack Overflow In SmallTalk Express

11. Does an object in smalltalk use private stack?

12. stack size parameter?