MSBIN float format <-> IEEE float format
Author Message
 MSBIN float format <-> IEEE float format

I only received one response to this query so I'm going to
post it again in the hopes that it'll reach more folks.
Btw, whoever recommended the book "Numerical Recipes",
thanks but it didn't have the info I was after. (it
IS, btw, a VERY good book though...)

I need to convert between Microsoft Binary floating
point format and IEEE floating point format. And,
I need it to be as fast as physically possible so
it needs to be in assembly language (8088 would
be most ideal).  Even some pseudo-code would be
helpful at this point.

Replies here or via email would be most
appreciated. Thx. very much.

Jeff

--

             *** FREE BILL & KATHY SWAN ***
-*- Happy as a clam to be using Professional YAM -*-  :)

Sat, 25 Mar 1995 03:03:30 GMT

1. IEEE floating point format

2. Conversion algorithm between IEEE floating point and old Microsoft Binary Format

3. IEEE<>MSBIN conversion?

4. Floating point VAX <---> IEEE

5. VAX float to IEEE float converter

6. IBM 370 Floating point to IEEE floating point

7. ><><><><>Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp on INT 14!><><><><><>

8. IEEE format and G-format for DMACH(*) on Alpha

9. Floating Point Formats

10. Floating Point Formats

11. IBM floating point to x86 format

12. Formatting floats in memory