internet button, 60h?
Author Message
 internet button, 60h?

how does one know when the internet button (and other brilliant compaq
features) are pressed?  i seem to recall a post in one of these groups that
said it was either independent of i/o ports 60/64h, or required special
sequences to be sent to the keyb controller.. but didn't have the wisdom
to save it.  any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 internet button, 60h?

Quote:
> how does one know when the internet button (and other brilliant compaq
> features) are pressed?  i seem to recall a post in one of these groups
that
> said it was either independent of i/o ports 60/64h, or required special
> sequences to be sent to the keyb controller.. but didn't have the wisdom
> to save it.  any help is greatly appreciated

If they aren't nromal scancodes avail. at reset, then you'll probably have
to activate them, but I'm sure they are normal 0xE0 prefixed scancodes, at
least one 'multimedia' HP keyboard I saw had done it that way.

Regards,
Thomas.

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEW PRODUCT - Pictures on buttons + MS Internet Explorer-styled buttons

2. C55ee Internet and Default Button

3. C55 and Internet Buttons

4. Adding a hyperlink to a button in CW 2003 Internet connnect

5. Keyboard Ports 60h-64h

6. Keyboard handler using port 60h

7. port 60h

8. Help on IN or port 60H

9. Button, Button, who's got the Button?

10. Internet, Internet and more

11. Internet Virus on the Attack today -- internet slowdows

12. A button disables after another button is finished..