retirieve a Linux hard disk????
Author Message
 retirieve a Linux hard disk????

I have 2 hard disks. first for dos/win and with second, i played with linux.
Problem: i am now bored of Linux and want to retrieve my second disk. Fdisk
fails on. Any other solution than buy a new disk or an uncertain commercial
tool?
betov.

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 retirieve a Linux hard disk????

   >I have 2 hard disks. first for dos/win and with second, i played
   >with linux. Problem: i am now bored of Linux and want to retrieve
   >my second disk. Fdisk fails on. Any other solution than buy a new
   >disk or an uncertain commercial tool?

From DOS:

  FORMAT D: /U   <Enter>

Net-Tamer V 1.08X - Test Drive

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 retirieve a Linux hard disk????

Quote:

> I have 2 hard disks. first for dos/win and with second, i played with linux.
> Problem: i am now bored of Linux and want to retrieve my second disk. Fdisk
> fails on. Any other solution than buy a new disk or an uncertain commercial
> tool?
> betov.

Linux "fdisk" has an option to change the "system ID" of the
partition(s). Change it to something dos can cope with - 0Ch for fat32,
if memory serves - and then the usual dos tools (fdisk/format) ought to
work.

Whaddaya mean "bored"???

Best,
Frank

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 retirieve a Linux hard disk????
if you want to keep the window partition and delete linux partition , do
this:
in dos:
    fdisk /mbr
    format d:/u

peter

Quote:
> I have 2 hard disks. first for dos/win and with second, i played with
linux.
> Problem: i am now bored of Linux and want to retrieve my second disk.
Fdisk
> fails on. Any other solution than buy a new disk or an uncertain
commercial
> tool?
> betov.

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hard disk problems - Hard ones :))

2. Hard disk I/O the hard way

3. HArd disk size?

4. How can I find the Hard disk Info

5. code to read hard disk serial number

6. Hard Disk Serial Number

7. How to get serial nuber of Hard Disk

8. Read HARD DISK ID or serial number

9. Hard Disk Search Tool lotus magellin

10. Hard Disk Search Tool

11. Quickest way to kill Hard Disk Partitions

12. "Hard Disk Surfer" Demo Available