Programming VGA VIDEO CARD
Author Message
 Programming VGA VIDEO CARD

I will use a video card (VGA) for my microcontroler project, so I need
to initialize the video card to enter a text mode.
I have to program in low level, because I dont use Rombios to accomplish

this.
Maybe there is an procedure in the rombios the video card to enter a
text mode.
This project is an stand alone application, so I need a monitor to debug
my
programs in my own operating system and BIOS.

Thanx in advance

David Rodrguez

Thu, 01 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Programming VGA VIDEO CARD

Quote:

> I will use a video card (VGA) for my microcontroler project, so I need
> to initialize the video card to enter a text mode.
> I have to program in low level, because I dont use Rombios to accomplish

> this.
> Maybe there is an procedure in the rombios the video card to enter a
> text mode.
> This project is an stand alone application, so I need a monitor to debug
> my
> programs in my own operating system and BIOS.

I'm not 100% shore about what it is exactly your asking (I'm not native
english), is it low-level hardware port programing info you need? Then
this links should be useful to you:

http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/resource/technology/chrpio/vga_app.mak.html
http://www.datashopper.dk/~finth/

Also you may look for a little program called 'tweak', it lets you
experiment with the VGA ports in an "interactive" way, try
http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/ or something if your interested.

Is that to some help?

--
Leif

 Love, Peace, Understanding
            And
    Freedom To Every One

Thu, 08 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programming Vga video card

2. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

3. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

4. xmodes and ega/vga video card in general

5. Programming VGA card

6. Programming the S3 VGA card..

7. GForce2 Video card programming with HLA ?

8. GForce2 video card programming with HLA ?

9. Video Card Programming

10. Programming the Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM video card (S3 Vision 964)

11. GForth: Can I access vga video memory directly?

12. Vga ( simple video stuff )