Help: how do I link a .asm and a .c module?
Author Message
 Help: how do I link a .asm and a .c module?

Please help me!!
I have to link a simple procedure in Assembler with a program written
in C that calls it. But I can't... can anybody help me?

Thanks
-Grana

Sun, 04 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: how do I link a .asm and a .c module?

Quote:
>Please help me!!
>I have to link a simple procedure in Assembler with a program written
>in C that calls it. But I can't... can anybody help me?

>Thanks
>-Grana

As you are not very specific which assembler/compiler/memory model you
use, the best advise at this point is to have a look whether in you C
compiler manual or the online help.

Sun, 04 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: how do I link a .asm and a .c module?

Quote:

>Please help me!!
>I have to link a simple procedure in Assembler with a program written
>in C that calls it. But I can't... can anybody help me?

Of course we can, but you'll have to give us a few more hints than that.
For example, what have you tried and what happened when you did it?  Are
you trying to mix a 16-bit MASM module with 32-bit C code?  That won't
work.
--

  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: how do I link a .asm and a .c module?

Quote:

>>Please help me!!
>>I have to link a simple procedure in Assembler with a program written
>>in C that calls it. But I can't... can anybody help me?

>Of course we can, but you'll have to give us a few more hints than that.
>For example, what have you tried and what happened when you did it?  Are
>you trying to mix a 16-bit MASM module with 32-bit C code?  That won't
>work.

Well, I'm using MASM6 and TurboC... I believe that are both 16-bit
code but where can I verify that?

Thanks

Mon, 05 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: how do I link a .asm and a .c module?

Quote:

> I have to link a simple procedure in Assembler with a program written
> in C that calls it. But I can't... can anybody help me?

Grana,

Look in your C user manual for a section usually called "Mixed Language
Programming." The explanation is in there. If you can not find anything
there, the other posted responses have given you what additional
information you need to provide in your repost so that your question
could be answered.

Hope that this information is of some help.

Ray

Wed, 07 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: how do I link a .asm and a .c module?

Quote:

>Well, I'm using MASM6 and TurboC... I believe that are both 16-bit
>code but where can I verify that?

Yes, Turbo C is a 16-bit product.  MASM 6 can generate either one.

What have you tried that didn't work?
--

  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Linking Assembly Modules with C Modules

2. Linking ASM modules with Turbo C++

3. error linking asm module

4. Linking ASM modules into Turbo C++

5. Linking ASM modules with Turbo C++

6. asm and high-level linking, stack problem, please help

7. Q: Help me (ASM and C linking problem)

8. HELP! Linking Watcom w/ external asm

9. Help linking TASM ASM with C

10. Help: Linking C and ASM file

11. HELP - C++ link in .ASM