Parameter passing from MSDOS to WIN32
Author Message
 Parameter passing from MSDOS to WIN32

Why not do the graphics using DirectX?

Quote:

--

Team2k PC/Palm Pilot Programming Team:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

To email me, remove '3*&' from my email address. This is to deter spam :)

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Parameter passing from MSDOS to WIN32
Let me explain a little more why I want to do such a dirthy thing as mixing
DOS and Windows code. I am remaking and old game, and I am using the actual
16 bit original code of the game, adding patches to it to implement new
graphics and sound features... a strange project, I know, but have a look to
my page to make out an idea of what I mean (sorry, it's in spanish, but
anyway go to "Imagenes" in then left menu to see some screenshots:
http://teleline.terra.es/personal/angigon/). So I want to keep that 16 bit
code because it's very complex to rewrite, otherwise I'd start it using full
Win32 code and DirectDraw for graphics, instead of this. The only way to
keep using this code is using the MSDOS window :( I had written my own SB
routines to play wavs and music in ASM (months of work). This code worked
perfectly under Win95 and Win98, but now with Win2000 it doesn't work
because it's NT and this system doesn't allow messing with hardware
directly... so I have to throw all my SB code away or write a message like:
"for Win95/98 only"... it's sad. And to make things worse, SB16 is no longer
emulated by SB64 under Win2000 (it was in Win98 but not now) so I should
learn SB64 programming (just because Creative decided to stop with
compatibility)  and I just say NO...
This is why I am trying to do such a madness of mixing DOS with Windows... I
know very well the problems that this thing can cause... but I have to try.
I need to use DirectMusic.

Al Leitch [Team2k] escribi en mensaje

Quote:
>Why not do the graphics using DirectX?

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing a parameter Rexx to JCL and return a parameter to JCL

2. language rules question: using a (passed in) parameter to define a parameter

3. NULL parameter for Win32 API SetFileTime

4. Win32 API StartDocPrinter parameter Help?

5. dcoracle2: callproc crashes w/ clob parameter on win32

6. win32 setcommtimeouts parameter?

7. APL+Win and array parameter passing from OCX

8. passing parameter from awk back to korn shell

9. Pass parameter to pattern

10. Parameter passing to a method

11. Pass an AWK variable to a pipeline program as a parameter

12. Passing an array element as a parameter