use32
Author Message
 use32

hi
    please tell me why the use32 directive doesn't add 66h or 67h before
every instruction . do you know some masm directive does that?
thanks a lot

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 use32

Quote:
> hi
>     please tell me why the use32 directive doesn't add 66h or 67h before
> every instruction . do you know some masm directive does that?
> thanks a lot

use 16 and use 32  tell the assembler to generate 16 or 32 bits code. This
makes differences when coding memory accesses and so on. when in one
'use..', the prefix does nothing but emulation of the other 'use..', like an
"On/off" switch. Adressing and sizes are ruled at once by "use". Why would
you
like to have it done at each instruction?

Betov.

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. use32???

3. help use16,use32 proc calls

4. Problems with USE32 model qualifier

5. Is it possible to do near jumps in a 'use32' segment?