PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards
Author Message
 PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

We have an old DOS app that run a graphical screen with text on it.
When we run it on an old ISA VGA card the text (labels on the axis
etc) works fine.  When we us a new PCI Video card the text looks
like garbage.  Going through the code I found a section that calls
INT10h  AH=11h and AL=30 (Character Generator) so the code
is getting the pointer to the CG properly (returned in ES:BP).

Can anyone suggest what the differences might be between the new
cards and the old cards and why the bios call would not properly work
for one but does work for the other?

Can anyone suggest some books or web sites that would talk about how
to put text on a graphics screen (this is dos).

Thanks for any help.

Steve Drake

Tue, 02 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. PCI Video Cards and ISA Video Cards

2. Video capture with PCI-1407 card

3. Dual PCI video card joy !

4. command set for pci/isa sound cards

5. command set for pci\isa sound cards

6. PCI and ISA card detection

7. video card problems

8. Problems with video cards with Win95

9. ATI Mach64 Video Cards

10. 25x132 columns with any video card ?

11. Looking for video card for native Oberon

12. Which 3D video card to buy?