Reading non-MSDOS-formated Floppies under Windows95
Author Message
 Reading non-MSDOS-formated Floppies under Windows95

hello!

number of tracks        : 80
sector size             : 512
sides/heads             : 2
SECTORS PER TRACK       : 10 <<<--- this is the problem 10 instead of 9

in ms-dos it is possible with changing the DiskDriveParameterTable
(the adress which is pointed from int 1Eh).
but how can i do it under windows 95?

if anybody have an idea plea reply.

thanks
erik

Sat, 16 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading non-MSDOS-formated Floppies under Windows95
Uhmm, the ten-sector format is not the problem, the problem is
the lack of MS-DOS format info on the disk -- I regularly use
10 sector formatted DD floppies under DOS and Win95 - but
they are MS-DOS 10 sector disks.  I wrote my own formatter,
but with a little work you can get DOS's format to prepare them
(at least for DOS 5.0 or later).

DO you know the logical structure on these disks?
There are ways to read them -- using 16 bit programming and
the BIOS services, for example.  But that does you no good if
you don't know what is on them in what sectors.
--
Kevin G. Rhoads, Ph.D. (I propose The Cheshire Cat for official Internet
mascot.)

Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. I/O reading formated files

2. Formated reading in Tcl?

3. Non-ascii characters in an MSDOS window

4. Preventing crash accessing non-existant floppy

5. Floppy in non-DMA

6. Writing IBM-like, non-DOS floppies

7. Problems reading a file in msdos

8. Problems reading a file in msdos

9. reading and writing the serial line in windows95

10. reading 256 byte sector floppies

11. Reading Floppies.

12. Read other floppy formats