Win32 ASM programming of Sound and Painting to screen Pixel by pixel
Author Message
 Win32 ASM programming of Sound and Painting to screen Pixel by pixel

Hello all,

I am trying to learn asssembler programming under win32, so that I may
continue writing my forever ongoing project under win98 OS. However I
have 2 problems that I need answers too.

I'll explain the outlines of the program first :

The program records a continous audio transmission. This audio signal is
then decoded to a video image, which is painted pixel by pixel.

The 2 things I do not know how to do under win32 are :

1. Program the soundcard, or at least request the use of the soundcard
through win95/98. I need to have access to the sampling rates also of
the soundcard. I need to be able to record as well as playback.

2. How do I paint to the client area pixel-by-pixel ?

I am learning win32 using Iczelion's tutorials and Barry Kauler's book,
though they both only go so far. Are ther any good reference's out there
for this sort of thing, any other good books ?

Thanks for your help.

Kebi

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Win32 ASM programming of Sound and Painting to screen Pixel by pixel

Quote:
> I am learning win32 using Iczelion's tutorials and Barry Kauler's book,
> though they both only go so far. Are ther any good reference's out there
> for this sort of thing, any other good books ?

You could also try #win32asm on EFNet (IRC).  Iczelion and the rest of the crew
hang out there.

Also, there are tonnes of resources for x86 assembly language programming,
albeit most of them for DOS and Linux.  However, if you're willing to skip the
Linux assembly (it's all Intel assembly, not MASM), and the interrupt/direct
port programming for DOS, you'll find a lot of useful assembly code, and
tutorials.  Combine that with Iczelion's tutorials, and you'll probably find
Win32 assembly language programming both enjoyable, and easy. =)

ttfn.

P.S. Sometimes I'm on #asm or #win32asm on EFNet as well, as Cthulhu, or
Cthulhu_ (if someone's stolen my nick) :)

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win32 ASM programming of Sound and Painting to screen Pixel by pixel

2. Programming 1 pixel on the screen! In 13h

3. Direct pixel-by-pixel drawing (with Tk)

4. Screen scrolling by pixel...

5. writing pixels to the screen

6. colorpicker - select screen pixel color ?

7. bad screen distance "1 pixel" (fwd)

8. bad screen distance "1 pixel"

9. Search algorithm to decrunch Monochrom BMP's(1 Bit = 1 Pixel) (ASM code)

10. Reading Pixels in Asm

11. Fastest ASM to plot a pixel in a drawing buffer

12. Pixel Programming