Problem with pentium 60... please help.
Author Message
 Problem with pentium 60... please help.

I just got a used pentium 60 and brought a motherboard for it, but it
doesn't work :( We suspect that the chip is running at 5.5v and the socket
is supplying only 3.5v. It has a socket 4 & there are no jumpers on the
motherboard(That we can find) that will change the voltage. Is there anyway
to fix this? Does anyone have the pin layout for the pentium 60, or know
where I can find it(and please be specific, been searching intel's site all
day).

Thanks for any help.

Sun, 08 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with pentium 60... please help.

Quote:
> I just got a used pentium 60 and brought a motherboard for it, but it
> doesn't work :( We suspect that the chip is running at 5.5v and the
socket
> is supplying only 3.5v. It has a socket 4 & there are no jumpers on the
> motherboard(That we can find) that will change the voltage. Is there
anyway
> to fix this? Does anyone have the pin layout for the pentium 60, or know
> where I can find it(and please be specific, been searching intel's site
all
> day).

As far as I know, Pentium 60 and 66 are the first and only Pentiums that
use a 5.5v and Socket 4 only. The later processors P75, 90... uses 3.3v or
3.52 and Socket 7. So, we can safely assumed the board supply 5.5v and you
can plug in the processor and press START.

To be safe, ask Intel on this.

http : You should buy AMD or Cyrix. Cheap and Good and Fast.
http : And, this is not a place to discuss such things.

From  Vinson ABS.
"In two words, im-possible"

Fri, 13 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with pentium 60... please help.

2. Problem in ALGOL 60

3. Problem in ALGOL 60

4. Problems with PPS 2.n on SUN 3/60 + CG4

5. VSE 3.1 Repository Problem: Please help (please please?)

6. please, please, please, please, help

8. HELP HELP Please .Problems with freewrap

9. Protect your PC from investigations - 1d3 gt4ghw6iw 60 iwv6hc dw7ic

10. APL Font for wyse 60 terminals

11. APL Font for Wyse 60 Terminals (Part 1 of 1)

12. Swazoo 0.9.60 with SSL support released