TASM or TASM? 
Author Message
 TASM or TASM?

I'm an ASM newbie and i was trying to decide which assembler/compiler
to use. I read a lot about TASM, so i think i'll use that, but the
problem is that i find an assembler called the Telemark Assembler
(TASM), and i also hear about borland's Turbo assembler. which one is
the more standard? is there a shareware/freeware version available of
Borland's? thanks!


Wed, 12 May 2004 14:58:48 GMT  
 TASM or TASM?


Quote:
> I'm an ASM newbie and i was trying to decide which assembler/compiler
> to use. I read a lot about TASM, so i think i'll use that, but the
> problem is that i find an assembler called the Telemark Assembler
> (TASM), and i also hear about borland's Turbo assembler. which one is
> the more standard? is there a shareware/freeware version available of
> Borland's? thanks!

I think your after Borland's TASM (aka Turbo Assembler), and unfortunately,
Borland still promote TASM as a commercial product, (ie not free). However,
I suggest you take a look at MASM (from MS, and downable as part of the
SDK/DDK), or NASM, (http://nasm.2y.net) which is free and able to run on a
host of different OS's.

Chewy509...



Wed, 12 May 2004 15:56:33 GMT  
 TASM or TASM?


Quote:
> I'm an ASM newbie and i was trying to decide which assembler/compiler
> to use. I read a lot about TASM, so i think i'll use that, but the
> problem is that i find an assembler called the Telemark Assembler

Uhm, an assembler used by the ppl who do Ski Jumping?

--Luigi



Thu, 13 May 2004 21:20:43 GMT  
 TASM or TASM?


Quote:
> I'm an ASM newbie and i was trying to decide which assembler/compiler
> to use. I read a lot about TASM, so i think i'll use that, but the
> problem is that i find an assembler called the Telemark Assembler

Uhm, an assembler used by the ppl who do Ski Jumping?

--Luigi



Thu, 13 May 2004 21:52:43 GMT  
 TASM or TASM?


Quote:
> I'm an ASM newbie and i was trying to decide which assembler/compiler
> to use. I read a lot about TASM, so i think i'll use that, but the
> problem is that i find an assembler called the Telemark Assembler
> (TASM), and i also hear about borland's Turbo assembler. which one is
> the more standard? is there a shareware/freeware version available of
> Borland's? thanks!

Don't know about Telemark Assembler.
Borland no longer supports TASM AFAIK.
MASM would be a good chioce or, better yet, take a look at HLA
(The High Level Assembler) if you're an assembler beginner.
http://webster.cs.ucr.edu.
Randy Hyde


Sat, 15 May 2004 02:07:52 GMT  
 TASM or TASM?


Quote:



>> I'm an ASM newbie and i was trying to decide which assembler/compiler
>> to use. I read a lot about TASM, so i think i'll use that, but the
>> problem is that i find an assembler called the Telemark Assembler
>> (TASM), and i also hear about borland's Turbo assembler. which one is
>> the more standard? is there a shareware/freeware version available of
>> Borland's? thanks!

> Don't know about Telemark Assembler.
> Borland no longer supports TASM AFAIK.
> MASM would be a good chioce or, better yet, take a look at HLA
> (The High Level Assembler) if you're an assembler beginner.
> http://webster.cs.ucr.edu.
> Randy Hyde

Well, Randy, he said:

"... which one is the more standard?"

.... (This is why i did not recommand him SpAsm :))  :))  :)) !!!!

Betov.



Sun, 16 May 2004 01:40:31 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. TASM to NASM and/or NASM to TASM

2. TASM 3 / MMX instructions CMPXCHG ORG

3. TASM HELP - please!!!

4. Help: Need TASM 4.0

5. Borland C/C++ 4.5 and TASM

6. Looking for Mastering TASM by TOm Swan

7. TASM.EXE

8. TASM to MASM conversion help needed!

9. Tasm and TopSpeed

10. Linking TopSpeed M2 to TASM librarie

11. Linking TopSpeed M2 to TASM libraries

12. MASM or TASM for DOS

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software