My latest muckings about with the disk drive registers
Author Message
 My latest muckings about with the disk drive registers

DON'T USE HTML!

X.

Quote:

> I have been attempting to get to know my disk drive registers better
> of late, and have coded this little
> bootsector program which is supposed to reset the controller, and then
> selects the appropriate disk
> from the controller. It prints a full-stop at this point and then
> procedes to loop through again.

> I am wondering if I am proceding the right way in order to in my next
> step load an image from the disk.

> Thankyou for any comments that you might provide.

> The code is written for NASM, and placed on the bootsector with a
> program such as rawrite.

> --
> DonQuay
>   Signing Off...

>                       Name: Bootr001.asm
>                       Type: ASM File
>    Bootr001.asm             (application/x-unknown-content-type-UltraEdit.asm)
>                   Encoding: quoted-printable

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Commemoration of disk drive?

2. Happy Birthday disk drive!

3. IS DISK IN DRIVE?

4. Run Visual Smalltalk on compressed disk drive?

5. How to find free disk space on drive

6. Write to disk drive under Windows

7. Important to know if disk drive is spinning.

8. L&P Forth 83 and Disk Drives

9. Disk Drives Check

10. Swiss coffee in your disk drives

11. Determine disk-drive space (FST M2)...

12. Verilog IDE disk drive interface