New 3d algorithm 
Author Message
 New 3d algorithm

Hello,

I've (probably) invented a new 3d stereogram algorithm.

I was emailed that this is a new algorithm for making random dot
stereograms by more than one person, so I thought I want to make this
public domain. You can find this program at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pejong  

I hope someone can improve this algorithm, so it will even go faster.

Sjoerd

ps. please also mail your reactions to me, as I don't have permanent
internet access.



Wed, 11 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 New 3d algorithm


Quote:
> I've (probably) invented a new 3d stereogram algorithm.

> I was emailed that this is a new algorithm for making random dot
> stereograms by more than one person, so I thought I want to make this
> public domain. You can find this program at:

> http://home.concepts.nl/~pejong  

> I hope someone can improve this algorithm, so it will even go faster.

Pretty amusing :) It would be even more interesting if there
were more complex shapes and transformations bouncing about
tho. Can anybody give pointers to other cool realtime dot-
steregram animations?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 New 3d algorithm

Quote:
>Pretty amusing :) It would be even more interesting if there
>were more complex shapes and transformations bouncing about
>tho. Can anybody give pointers to other cool realtime dot-
>steregram animations?

I believe Magic Carpet 2 by Bullfrog had a stereogram mode. Never saw
it, though.


Fri, 13 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 New 3d algorithm



Quote:
> >Pretty amusing :) It would be even more interesting if there
> >were more complex shapes and transformations bouncing about
> >tho. Can anybody give pointers to other cool realtime dot-
> >steregram animations?

> I believe Magic Carpet 2 by Bullfrog had a stereogram mode. Never saw
> it, though.

The original Magic Carpet had the red/blue stereo mode, plus Random Dot
Stereogram mode, which was the quickest way to give yourself a migraine
headache by constantly focussing your eyes *through* the monitor.  Made it
rather difficult to play as well, because everything was now just a
messily-coloured silhouette on one of about 8 planes that descended into
the screen.

--

TTFN
Sly (Steve)



Sat, 14 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. New 3d algorithm

2. A new 3D multitask, a new OS.....

3. optimal 3D Graph drawing algorithm

4. Adding new 3D buttons in LV6?

5. Ann : new 3D renderer

6. New screen shot from VILLES-3D!

7. 3D home page,New!!!

8. ANNC: New 3D VR Community Launched Colony City

9. Announcement: ScriptV--a new language for 3D modeling, animation, and more

10. ANNOUNCE: A New Type of 3D Display

11. New 3D Software

12. New !3d Shoppingcentre,pub & Gallery

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software