Color problems w/ image list
Author Message
 Color problems w/ image list
Good Day!

  I am trying to draw group of 256 color images from an image list,
under windows95, in 16-bit color mode.  When the procedure draws the
pictures though, the image's color is distorted just as if the screen
was set to 256 color mode.  I have the images stored in a bitmap and
loaded from my resource file using ImageList_LoadImage.  Why are the
colors distorted and how can I fix it?

        Thanks,
         C.J.

Wed, 09 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Color problems w/ image list

Quote:
>   I am trying to draw group of 256 color images from an image list,
> under windows95, in 16-bit color mode.  When the procedure draws the
> pictures though, the image's color is distorted just as if the screen
> was set to 256 color mode.  I have the images stored in a bitmap and
> loaded from my resource file using ImageList_LoadImage.  Why are the
> colors distorted and how can I fix it?

i think that's not the right question for this newsgroup ;)
anyway, the problem is that all images in a imagelist must have the
same palette (colormap), because windows just uses one of them (either
the first or the last, don't remember exactly...)

Quote:
>         Thanks,
>          C.J.

no problem,

Fabian Giesen
ryg/teklords

Wed, 09 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. GIF image color problem

2. TCL 7.6p2 for win95 problem with color images (GIF)

3. Problems updating images with list box (CW4)

4. Problems with picture (256 color) on desktop with colorsettings 256 colors

5. Colormap problems (Image display, Image fromUser)

6. Color images for window icons

7. why colors of snapped image are different from original

8. image color palette

9. Change Image Texture /Color in VRML

10. How to reduce number of colors in image

11. TK image, black color changes to grey or nothing