Boot disk me
Author Message
 Boot disk me

I'm interested in writing my own boot disk.  Could someone outline the
procedure?  I'm using TASM 5.0 and have built a program of my own to transfere
the contents of a file directly to a floppy.  I don't want a full blown OS,
just a little test.  Any help?

- Justin

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Boot disk me

Quote:

> I'm interested in writing my own boot disk.  Could someone outline the
> procedure?  I'm using TASM 5.0 and have built a program of my own to transfere
> the contents of a file directly to a floppy.  I don't want a full blown OS,
> just a little test.  Any help?

  There are examples on my web page.  They are in NASM
syntax, not TASM;  But it wouldn't be too hard to translate.
(Or you could get NASM).
--
http://www.erols.com/johnfine/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8600/

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. OS writing: detecting which disk was used as boot disk

2. GRUB boot disk

3. OS/2 boot disks and REXXUTIL

4. Running Rexx from Boot Disks

5. REXX on OS/2 boot disk?

6. Enable rexx from boot disk

7. boot disk sector

8. Boot disk

9. Making a boot disk without Sys.com

10. NAV Rescue boot disk??

11. What should I do to build new my own boot disk?

12. boot floppy disk