"data segment" missing
Author Message
 "data segment" missing

im trying to write a little com program that, when written to boot sector of
a floppy, will display a typical hello world string.  but, i cant seem to
get the address of the string right.  does anybody have any snipits that do
anything like this?  thx

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "data segment" missing
Quote:
>im trying to write a little com program that, when written to boot sector
of
>a floppy, will display a typical hello world string.  but, i cant seem to
>get the address of the string right.

I don't have an example (except, simply debug a DOS boot sector),
but I do know that a .com program will be loaded at 0100h in the
next free segment.
A boot sector however will be loaded at address 0:7C00.
I think that you should do something like 'org 7C00h'.

Herman

Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "data segment" missing

2. "data segment" in bootable program

3. "data segment" in bootable program

4. "Missing" data

5. "segment" directive problem in a86

6. "Direct Segment..."

7. "segment" directive problem in a86

8. Microsoft: "Too Many Segments"??

9. Canvas "segments" patch for tk3.3b1

10. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

11. Missing AppleScript Command "set language"

12. Running program with "Missing" DLL