Whats the diff between TASM and MASM ??
Author Message
 Whats the diff between TASM and MASM ??

What is the diff between MASM and TASM ?  I have MASM, and I got it free
as a download. But I can't find TASM for download anywhere. So I can't
test it out for myself to test it. I have seen code for TASM and I think
it looks easier then MASM. But I am not really sure if there is a
difference or not...

Also, if you know where I can get a GOOD version of TASM I would
appriciate it. I need to make DOS stuff though. And if you have advice
as to where I should get a good DOS Assembler, please let me know, or
should I stick with MASM32 for the DOS and windows ?

Knight Vision

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Whats the diff between TASM and MASM ??
Dohh! I just found this...
http://www2.dgsys.com/~raymoon/faq/tasm.html

It explains the diff between TASM and MASM. TASM is much better
according to what they describe. I'll see if I can get a copy from the
borland site. If i'm able too... :(

Knight

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Whats the diff between TASM and MASM ??
: What is the diff between MASM and TASM ?  I have MASM, and I got it free
: as a download. But I can't find TASM for download anywhere. So I can't
: test it out for myself to test it. I have seen code for TASM and I think
: it looks easier then MASM. But I am not really sure if there is a
: difference or not...

they're largely the same.. at least when you write straightforward code.
download tasm 5.0 free (read:pirated) at

http://www.crackstore.com/tools.htm

: Also, if you know where I can get a GOOD version of TASM I would
: appriciate it. I need to make DOS stuff though. And if you have advice
: as to where I should get a good DOS Assembler, please let me know, or
: should I stick with MASM32 for the DOS and windows ?

NASM (free, open source) and a86 (shareware) are better than both, imho.
but you'll do just fine with masm

nasm - www.cryogen.com/nasm
a86 - www.eji.com

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Whats the diff between TASM and MASM ??
Hey thanks. I got a copy of TASM 5 with Patch.. :)

Also, I think I really like TASM. Much better then MASM.. well so
far...  anyways.. I CAN still make stuff for DOS with TASM if I am
correct, so I'll use it for everything. At least I hope I can.. heh..
Let me know if I am wrong. I'm still learning... :)

Knight Vision

Quote:

> : What is the diff between MASM and TASM ?  I have MASM, and I got it free
> : as a download. But I can't find TASM for download anywhere. So I can't
> : test it out for myself to test it. I have seen code for TASM and I think
> : it looks easier then MASM. But I am not really sure if there is a
> : difference or not...

> they're largely the same.. at least when you write straightforward code.
> download tasm 5.0 free (read:pirated) at

> http://www.crackstore.com/tools.htm

> : Also, if you know where I can get a GOOD version of TASM I would
> : appriciate it. I need to make DOS stuff though. And if you have advice
> : as to where I should get a good DOS Assembler, please let me know, or
> : should I stick with MASM32 for the DOS and windows ?

> NASM (free, open source) and a86 (shareware) are better than both, imho.
> but you'll do just fine with masm

> nasm - www.cryogen.com/nasm
> a86 - www.eji.com

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Diff between Tasm 3.1 adn 4.1

2. Diff between Tasm 3.1 and 4.1

3. TASM to MASM conversion help needed!

4. MASM or TASM for DOS

5. nasm, tasm, masm, hla

6. MASM/TASM to NASM Converter?

7. Masm and Tasm question.

8. translate code in TASM format to MASM format

9. TASM VS MASM

10. fatal error A1010 in masm, but not tasm

11. tasm -> masm

12. about tasm 5.0 and masm 6.11